The Centre for Education Research (CER) is established at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, India to promote research on education which is at the heart of development. It recognizes education as a determinant and a driver of social, economic and intellectual transformation of the nation and its positioning within the global knowledge society.
Research on education – both school and tertiary levels – has been in progress in Manipal for a few years now. CER has now emerged as a common platform for continuation of these research projects with a team of young researchers guided by the experienced professors. Presently, research is being carried out in two clusters; School Education and Higher Education (HE).
Vision of CER
To be a Centre of excellence committed to quality, responsible and inclusive research in the field of education
Mission of CER
To be a preferred destination of researchers in the field of education with a multidisciplinary approach
- To carry out quality research in education at both school education and higher education
- To bring out research output that feeds into the policy making
- To analyse existing policies and publish outcomes with added research output
- To build research competences in education
- To connect with other think tanks and other centres of education
The Centre is developed as per the vision of the former Vice Chancellor of MAHE, Dr H Vinod Bhat who is the Chief Mentor for this Centre. He is assisted by the following team members:
- Dr Neeta Inamdar – Professor and Head, Manipal Centre for European Studies (MCES)
- Dr Praveen K Shetty – Coordinator, Centre for Intercultural Studies and Dialogue
- Mr Rahul Putty – Coordinator of Department of Languages/Researcher in Higher Education
- Ms Priya Poojary – Lecturer, MCES
- Ms Pranjali Kirloskar – Lecturer and Coordinator International Collaborations, MCES
- Ms Tejasvini Ahuja – Project Manager, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Ms Sushmita Roy – Dr TMA Pai Research Scholar, MCES
- Ms Medini Hegde – Dr TMA Pai Research Scholar, MCES
Clusters and Working groups
i) The School Education cluster
School Education cluster presently has an objective of continuing the three-year research project on Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL). MAHE has significantly contributed to research in the field of multilingual education being the Lead in the CLIL@India Erasmus+ Capacity Building project https://www.clilatindia.in/. This project had three European partners and three Indian partners apart from MAHE.
Presently, two PhD projects are in progress on school education which focuses on bilingual teaching-learning methods including Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) in the Indian context.
ii) The Higher Education cluster
Higher Education (HE) cluster focuses on different aspects of higher education like access, equity, governance, quality assurance, economics of education, sociology of education, policies on education and internationalization of higher education. A major project on internationalization of higher education and Bologna Process was completed recently funded by the Jean Monnet program of the European Union https://bolognaproject.in/
Presently, four PhD projects are at different stages of progress under this cluster
- Decision making of internationalization of higher education (IHE) in universities in India and Europe
- Cross-border Higher Education and Global Citizenship Education
- Cross-border Higher Education in the Populist Political Climate
- Global Dimensions of Higher Education Regionalism
Though, CER intends to focus on different aspects of education research, presently, it is focused on international education and towards this, wishes to present an archive of information about Internationalization of Higher Education (IHE).
The objective of this archiving of research data related to IHE is to encourage research in the field of IHE by providing in one place all basic information about who are the researchers in IHE, where are they publishing, what kind of books are available and what organizations are working in this field to connect etc.
It may please be noted that it is only an attempt to compile information pertaining to international higher education.
The information is further classified for advanced researchers. The sections below provide links for books, book chapters and journal articles published in each of the different facets of international higher education.
- Internationalization of Higher Education, Politics and International Relations Click here to download resource
The aspects of national imperatives, consular issues and immigration policies have become far more prominent than ever before. The attempts toRead More
- Internationalization of Higher Education – Conceptual contributions Click here to download resource
In the past two decades, internationalization of higher education has been prioritized by higher education institutions. While some universitiesRead More
- Pathways to Internationalization of Higher Education
- Internationalization at Home Click here to download resource
Nowadays, the focus of universities goes beyond the outgoing mobility of students and staff to partner universities, but rather equipping their universitiesRead More
- Internationalization Abroad Click here to download resource
There is a plethora of activities which universities engage to promote internationalization of higher education. This section brings together resourcesRead More
- Internationalization at Home Click here to download resource
- Strategies and Approaches to Internationalization of Higher Education Click here to download resource
The universities across the world are devising their strategies in order to widen their international engagement. The approaches undertaken by higher educationRead More
- Internationalization of Higher Education and Scholar Mobility Click here to download resource
International student and staff mobility are important dimensions of higher education. The trends of student and staff movement vary across countries, owingRead More
- Internationalization of Curriculum Click here to download resource
The universities tend to not only engage in internationalization abroad activities but also emphasize on internationalizing curriculum. The higher educationRead More
- Diversity and Inclusiveness in Internationalization of Higher Education Click here to download resource
There seems to be a considerable drive to seek international education among students, an international experience by faculty members and internationalRead More
- Internationalization of Higher Education and Student Voices Click here to download resource
The Erasmus mobility visits and the full bright fellowships are some of the known fellowships. There is a pool of other platforms such as DAAD, Campus France,Read More
- Quality Management and Internationalization of Higher Education Click here to download resource
The uncertainty and complexity in international higher education cannot be denied. The international higher education has gone beyond the scope of justRead More
- Reports and Policy documents in Internationalization of Higher Education Click here to download resource
There are numerous documents published which are aimed at providing an anchor or framework for effective international education. The policy documentsRead More
Enquiry / Suggestion form
CER is an evolving project and we welcome ideas and inputs concerning the resources which we have attempted to collate. As it is at a nascent stage, we invite your observations and suggestions on improving the quality of content and its presentation. If you think something is omitted in the first effort that is made here, please bring this to our attention and we would readily make required changes. Together let’s build this for the benefit of all researchers in IHE.
Contact Person : Ms Pranjali Kirloskar – Lecturer and Coordinator International Collaborations and CER, MCES
You may please write to us on email@example.com with the following details:
* Name :
* Affiliation :
* Email Id :
* Details of Suggestions/Contribution :