The Manipal Centre for European Studies (MCES), Manipal was established in 2009 with the objective of developing Indo-EU relations with the help of educational enterprise, and partnerships between universities leading to a mutually beneficial exchange of information and enhancement of common human knowledge.
The European Studies Master's program is an interdisciplinary approach to the process of European integration within the contemporary framework of multilateral organizations and an interdependent world.
The program structure is based on intensive educational and cultural activities introducing EU principles and functioning procedures. Specialisation studies offer an ideal combination of theoretical knowledge, business and linguistic knowledge, and cultural expertise on the EU integration, including student exchange program with academic institutes in Europe.
- Funded by the delegation of European Union to India.
- Leading centre for European Studies in India.
- Leading the association of European Studies in India.
- Only centre to offer Master’s Program in European Studies.
- Only Indian member of the Consortium of European universities offering European Studies.
- Member of Consortium of Erasmus Mundus Program - Interdisciplinary bridges in Indo- European Studies (IBIES).
- Availability of Erasmus Mundus Scholarships.
- Visiting faculty from the European universities
- Centre for European Studies Audiovisual Resources (CESAR)
- European Language learning centre
- Houses Alliance Francaise Manipal Chapter
- Dvaita Philosophy Resource Centre (DPRC)
- Eminent and national repute scholars in Advisory Board of DPRC
- Collaborations with Sanskrit universities and traditional gurukula
- European Studies
- European Business and Economics
- International Relations
- European Culture and Society
- Cultural studies
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Communication studies
- Globalisation, immigration and employment
- Languages (German/French/Spanish)
- Hochschule Bremen University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- University of Bremen, Germany
- Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany
- Metropolitan University Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Latvia, Latvia
- University of Milano, Italy
- Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM), Spain
- University of Salzburg, Austria
- University of Warmia Mazury, Poland
- Lancaster University, United Kingdom
- University of Évora, Portugal
- University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Aix-Marseille University, France
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- Kazimieras Simonavičius University, Lithuania
The Manipal Centre for European Studies, MCES Manipal offers the following programs:
MU has best-in-class facilities for students of all constituent institutes
Access to hospital facilities gives student hands-on training
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre facilitates multi-disciplinary research
Laboratories give students the opportunity for practical experience
Sports & Fitness
Marena has world-class facilities with courts for badminton, tennis, soccer & squash, as well as a well-equipped gymnasium
Libraries give students access to study resources, digital and print
Student hostels are their homes away from homes
MAHE is where people are motivated to acquire knowledge and engage the world around them.
Rahul Babu Kodali
MAHE has provided a great platform for all students to explore themselves – personally and professionally.
Manipal is a place which moulded my character and made me what I am today.
Interacting with people from all over the world in a free environment has helped me become receptive to change.
Best-in-class infrastructure and a curriculum that makes learning fun – Manipal is the place to be.
My teachers are my mentors. They have helped me grow academically and personally.