The success of the fruitful outcomes of research lies in the collaborations with the globally reputed institutions. Keeping this slogan in mind MCOPS with the help of Manipal Academy of Higher Education is able to establish collaboration with several reputed (Tier I) institutions in the country and abroad. The collaborations helped us to develop joint research projects and seminars, student exchange programs and twinning programs. This also helped us in securing international funds for research. Outlined below are some of the important collaborations.
- Institute of Chemistry Ceylon, Rajagiriya, Colombo, Srilanka: Dr BS Jayashree has research collaboration with Dr. Chandani Udawatte, for the work entitled “Molecular modeling of the active site of oncogenic proteins”
- Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA: Department of Pharmacology is in collaboration with Molecular Neurotherapy and Imaging Laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital, which is affiliated to Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA. This collaboration permits exchange of graduate and/or doctoral students between the two-institutions. Presently a student is pursuing his PhD on the topic"Novel sensitizers of stem cell mediated TRAIL therapy for treatment of glioblastoma multiformae" under the guidance of Dr. Khalid Shah (Harvard Medical School) And Dr Sreedhar R Pai (MCOPS).
- The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia: Research collaboration is being taken place in the area of skin delivery of bioactives with Dr Srinivas Mutalik, Department of Pharmaceutics and School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. The collaboration is also extended with student exchange activities where M Pharm students visit The University of Queensland to conduct part of their dissertation work.
- Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia: Department of Pharmacy Practice, MCOPS and School of Pharmacy, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia is carrying out collaborative research project in the area of cardiology at present. Both the departments are exploring student exchange programs.
- Translational Research Institute, Brisbane, Australia: Research collaboration is established in the area of liposomal drug delivery with Dr Srinivas Mutalik, Department of Pharmaceutics.
- Michigan University, USA: Dr Rajesh Balakrishnan and Dr Varsha Mehta, Michigan University, USA guided M Pharm/Research Scholars of MCOPS for their project in the area of Pharmacoeconomics. Dr N Udupa and Dr Anantha Naik Nagappa from MCOPS are associated with Michigan University, USA.
- A-star Institute, Biopolis, Singapore: Collaborative research activity is going on with Dr Srinivas Mutalik, Department of Pharmaceutics in the area of transdermal delivery of drugs.
- The School of Pharmacy, University of Brighton, UK: Student exchange activity is established where B Pharm or M Pharm students visit University of Brighton for a part of research work or training.
- University of Wyoming, Laramie, USA: Department of Pharmacology and University of Wyoming, Laramie, USA has collaboration for joint PhD program.
- Northeastern University, Boston, USA: Department of Quality Assurance has envisaged collaboration with Northeastern University, Boston, USA in the area of Drug Regulatory Affairs.
- School of Pharmacy, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia: Collaborative research activity is going on with Dr Usha Y Nayak, Department of Pharmaceutics in the area ofmesoporous silica nanoparticles and other related drug delivery systems
- Novartis India: A new B to B collaboration is running with Novartis India multinational research based pharmaceutical company and the college. This is a joint academic program where employees of the company continue their education while working leading to PG degree
- Lupin Research Park, Pune: Joint academic program is continuing with Lupin Research Park, Pune, where employees of the company continue their education while working to get PhD degree from Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Steer Engineering, Bangalore: Collaborative research. project is being taken place with external funding assistance by Dr Srinivas Mutalik, Department of Pharmaceutics.
- Arjuna Natural Extracts Limited, Kerala: Collaborative research project is being carried out by Dr Srinivas Mutalik, Dr M Sreenivasa Reddy and Dr Usha Y Nayak, Department of Pharmaceutics.
- Nitte University, Mangalore: Joint research projects are being undertaken in the areas of novel drug delivery systems with Dr Srinivas Mutalik, Department of Pharmaceutics.
- Orbicular Pharma Tech and Research, Hyderabad: Collaborative research project in the area of novel drug delivery systems is being conducted by Dr Srinivas Mutalik, Department of Pharmaceutics.
- Enovate Bio Life, Mumbai: Department of Pharmacology tested the efficacy of various formulations of Enovate Biolife for inhibition of calcium oxalate crystals, aphrodisiac activity in rats, protective effect against age-induced sarcopenia in mice and cardiac- stimulant action.
- Indus Biotech, Pune: Department of Pharmacology tested the client formulations on AMPK activation in L6 myotubes.
- Cholayil Private Limited, Chennai: Department of Pharmacology tested Cholayil formulation for efficacy and non-GLP toxicity studies in rats. Few of their marketed preparations have been tested by us for their efficacy.
- The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry interacts with industries and government organizations like CDRI Lucknow, IICT Hyderabad, BARC Mumbai for providing research training to the postgraduate students.
- Natural Remedies provide training to the students of Department of Pharmacognosy in the industrial aspects in their 2 year M. Pharma. The senior manager of NRPL, Dr, Deepak is an adjunt faculty of the department and provides inputs about new and innovative research areas.
- Muniyal Ayurvedical college, Manipal, Karnatak: Department of Pharmacognosy has collaboration with Muniyal Ayurvedical college in providing quantitative assesment of their products. The students of Muniyal college get their analysis done here. The principl Dr. Satyanarayan is involved in various reaserch programs with our departments and we have jointly applied for various grants.
- GOSVAL Punarnava Center, Udupi, Karnataka is involved in the research and analytical aspects of Ayurvedic product with Department of Pharmacognosy.
- SDM Ayurvedic college, Udupi, Karnataka students are offered various analytical and technical support by the Department of Pharmacognosy.
- Piramal Health sciences, Himalaya Drug Company and Dabur India Ltd provide training and short term project opportunities for M. Pharm students of Department of Pharmacognosy.
- Nerve 24 Technologies Private Limited, Mumbai: Joint research project is initiated by Dr Girish Pai, Department of Pharmaceutics and Dr Girish Tunga, Department of Pharmacy Practice with Nerve 24 Tech. Pvt. Ltd.
Within Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Joint research projects are being conducted with different institutes of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (given below) in the areas of novel drug delivery systems and nanopharmaceuticals. Multidisciplinary research projects have been submitted with different institutes to various funding agencies.
- School of Life Sciences, Manipal
- Division of Clinical Embroyology,KMC, Manipal
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal and Mangalore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Centre for Virus Research, Manipal