MPharm, Master of Pharmacy is a two year post graduate program in pharmacy. BPharm program educate a graduate student in the sciences of various fields of pharmacy such as industry, marketing, practice, community, drug discovery etc., just to name a few. However, a graduate lacks an in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in psychomotor skills in the specialized areas of the profession of pharmacy.
Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, with a view to making a student to face the challenges in the specialized areas of pharmacy profession, has been offering MPharm program in eleven specializations for several years while the following links describe the scope of the individual masters programs offered by MCOPS.
MPharm is offered in the following streams
The advantage MCOPS for a student who wishes to pursue MPharm is as follows
- The syllabus and course content of each specialization have been prepared with futuristic intentions.
- The spacious labs are equipped with state-of-art instruments. Besides the Health Sciences library of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, each department of the college has its own departmental library.
- Electronic journals and Internet connectivity are vital ingredients in the modern learning process and MCOPS has plenty of both.
- In addition to the regular teachers of the institution, the students will also be exposed to adjunct faculty, either from well-known industries or from reputed overseas universities.
- The frequent conduct of workshops and quality improvement program helps in continuous learning and updating knowledge.
- The Industry Institute Partnership Cell of MCOPS provides a crucial link with pharma industries.
- The Placement Cell of the college arranges for campus interviews by leading industries. A number of students find themselves recruited through campus selection.
All these give a huge advantage to a postgraduate student of MCOPS when compared with the next best institution.
- In-depth knowledge of practical aspects and laboratory sessions
- Workshops and Seminars
- Research work
First Year MPharm
- Continuous and consistent evaluation of students through assignments, class tests and viva voce
- Evaluation of seminars presented by the students
- Periodic assessment of students by conducting three theory and two practical sessional examinations in each subject (internal examination)
- A final theory university examination at the end of first academic year
- A university practical examination at the end of first academic year
- A minimum of 75% attendance and 50% of marks in theory and practical examinations are necessary to move to next level
Second Year MPharm
- The students should carryout a research project and submit a thesis of their research work
- The thesis will be evaluated by a panel of internal and external examiners
- A viva voce examination will be conducted to evaluate the student’s research work
- Research position in R & D departments, universities, central laboratories etc.
- Higher studies in national and international universities
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology: R & D, Production, Analytical R & D, Marketing, Market research, Regulatory affairs
- Hospitals: Pharmacists, Clinical research
Outline - MPharm
The students should carryout a research project and submit a thesis of their research work
The thesis will be evaluated by a panel of internal and external examiners
A viva voce examination will be conducted to evaluate the student’s research work