Frequently asked questions about Manipal college of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal.
MCOPS is a constituent institute of Manipal Academy of Higher Education and is a private, self-financed, and deemed university established 45 years ago. It is accredited by the NBA, AICTE, and NAAC, UGC, New Delhi and is also ISO certified.
MCOPS provides scholarships to students and also helps them to get scholarships from charitable trusts. MCOPS does not provide any educational loan. However, students can easily get an education loan from any bank. For more information, please go to <scholarship> page.
The teaching methodology involves:
- Classroom teaching involving lectures,
- Presentations, discussion, workshops, and seminars
- Laboratory exercises through experiments/simulated experiments/case studies.
Students have access to a well-stocked library with the latest editions of books and journals (print and online). Multimedia records are also available for reading and referencing.
Please go to <admission page link> for more information.
Alternatively, you can contact the Deputy Registrar.
The Deputy Registrar
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Madhava Nagar, Manipal 576 104
Provides opportunities for the students to get placed through campus placement. However, many of our students opt for masters’ program either in India or abroad.
- 80% of the MCOPS students who opt for GPAT examination have been getting qualified for scholarship to pursue the MPharm program.
- Admission in several universities globally (USE, UT, University of Minnesota, University of Iowa, University of Nottingham, etc.)
- BPharm graduates get admission in top-ranked colleges like MCOPS (ranked No 1 in private institutions), NIPER, Mohali (ranked No 1 in public sector institutions) and other reputed institutions like BHU, Punjab University, Chandigarh, etc.
- The pharmaceutical industry as Medical Liaison Officers because of the training they got in KMC hospital under the guidance of the faculty of Pharmacy Practice Department of MCOPS
- Corporate hospitals
Manipal Academy of Higher Education does award a PharmD degree to a successful candidate with a prefix “Dr” to his/her name.
The placement is 100%. The college has been facilitating the placement of the interested students through its vibrant Placement Cell.
All GPAT qualified and eligible students, who have taken admission in MCOPS, have been getting the scholarship from AICTE through DBT process hassle-free.