Frequently asked questions in relation to PhD Program of MAHE Manipal
· We offer only full-time PhD course for externals and that’s for a minimum period of 3 years. Hence you are required to stay here at Manipal for the course. There is no correspondence option. If you wish to pursue PhD here at Manipal, kindly apply when our applications open. Applications open in February and August every year.
· As you currently need the scholarship from MAHE, you will have to take the entrance exam
3. I am Master of Pharmacy (M Pharm) in Pharmaceutics and came across the openings for Dr TMA Pai Scholarship Scheme for pursuing PhD. Apart from this I am also interested in the Deakin-MAHE PhD program as the overseas program would expose me & allow me to learn the new technologies. Could you let me know whether the same PhD exam will be considered for either of the programme as both Click here to apply online are going to the same page. Looking forward to hear from you
· Deakin PhD program is available only in a few Engineering areas. Not available currently in Pharmacy.
4. I would like to apply for the PhD 2020. I completed my M. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in the year 2019 with 8.72 CGPA. When I checked the vacancies for the department of computer science and engineering, only 4 were there. Also, the research topic was also different from my research interest. I would like to know that only those topics are available for this intake? My areas of interests include Natural Language processing, Social Media Analysis, Text processing, Data Mining, Sentiment Analysis, Machine Learning, Data analysis, Big Data etc. Is there any topic related to this available?
· There were 2 seats in related topics in the Dept of Computer Science and Engineering, offered in Jan 2020.
· As you currently need the scholarship from MAHE, you will have to take the entrance exam.
· Yes. You have to take the entrance exam.
· As of now, the university has no such agreement. But if you are interested to apply, we can take up your case and look at it.
· MAHE does not have a provision to register candidates who are external to the institution. However, we have a system where your organization can collaborate for academics, research and the PhD program. More employees can register this way. We can have supervisors from your organization as well as from MAHE, so that the candidates will be jointly supervised.
8. I have applied for PhD Program of MAHE under Biological Sciences/Health Sciences/Life Sciences discipline and my application no. is 119000091. I have been qualified in K-SET Examination (conducted by Karnataka State Eligibility Test Centre for Lectureship, Manasagangotri, Mysore) and ARS NET-(I) (conducted by Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board, ICAR, PUSA, New-Delhi). PFA the certificates for the same for your reference. As I am already qualified in the UGC recognized entrance tests, will I be exempted from the online entrance test conducted by MAHE?
· Only if you have a valid fellowship (JRF) we can give you direct admission. Or else, please take the exam.
9. I am a PG who is interested in Manipal MAHE scholarship exam for Ph.D Program. Being first batch of semester system of Kerala university of health science (KUHS), our third semester result is not yet published . I am here to enquire that whether I can apply for this entrance exam with 1st, 2nd, and 4th semester marks only. Kindly inform me on this context so that I can make necessary arrangements. Waiting for your positive and faster reply.
· Yes, if all your results will be declared by the time you join the program in Jan 2020.
· As you cannot avail the fellowship for LS while doing a PhD, you have to take the MAHE online entrance test.
· As you need a fellowship, pl take the entrance exam in Physics/applied physics.
· Kindly write briefly about the topic so that we can explore the possibilities for you. Also send across your CV.
13. I Am willing to apply for Dr TMA PAI PHD fellowship. I am M PHARMA in PHARMACY PRACTICE DEGREE HOLDER from NIPER HAJIPUR. This year. I secured All India rank 4 in NIPER JEE PhD entrance exam in Biological Sciences stream. Am i eligible for exemption from Entrance exam under Dr TMA PAI PHD fellowship programme
· You will have to take the entrance test and qualify if you want MAHE scholarship. If you have any of the JRFs through national entrance tests with a valid fellowship, you can get direct admission.
· You can apply for a part-time PhD through Manipal Hospital, Bangalore. For more details kindly check the below link
15. I am having a total of 12 years of experience in teaching and industry. I have worked with Manipal Dubai Campus during the year from 2010-2015 in the School of Engineering & IT as Assistant Professor – Senior Scale in Civil Engineering. Now I have relocated from Dubai to Kerala. I would like to know is there any PhD programs in Structural Engineering in the Civil Dept?
i) Will I be able to do PhD in either Internet of things/Artificial Intellingence/manufacturing Technology?
ii) I have sponsorship letter from Government of Goa for Part time PhD. Can I do part time PhD at MIT?
iii) How fast will I be able to complete PhD so as to get some advantage of doing it. As of now, my age is 52 years
· For full time – 3 years is the minimum duration.
i) How much will it cost me, including hostel fees.
· Depending on the category of the student the course fee ranges from Rs. 50,000/- to Rs 80,000/- for the entire duration of the course
· Hostel fee varies. You may get the information by clicking on the link https://manipal.edu/mu/campus-life/accommodation.html
19. Please guide me regarding the availability of research areas in your Institute. My research interest is Applied linguistics, Sociolinguistics, cognitive behavior of students in Second language classrooms, teaching pedagogy in ESL classrooms. The scholars list in you site shows that there are candidates pursuing these areas, but availability of topic isn’t clear from the given information or previous admissions notices. Kindly guide me regarding this matter.
· We open our applications twice a year in February & August. Please refer to our website www.manipal.edu/phd
· You may also have a look at the websites of the following Institutes :
- Manipal College of Health Professions.
- Manipal Centre for European Studies.