The Manipal College of Health Professions (formerly known as Manipal College of Health Professions ) was established in 1999 as the first institution in India exclusively dedicated to the education of allied health professionals.
The school envisions training healthcare professionals who can create a difference in the quality of life of individuals, both physically and mentally.
The institution offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degree programs. It is attached to Kasturba Hospital, one of the best tertiary care hospitals of southern India.
MCHP has been rated as 'Excellent' by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), the statutory body under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India in April 2008.
The Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman has approved the school for the training of its nationals in the regular and bridge programs. The Ministry of Health, Government of India has considered the school as the model for its proposed National and Regional Institutes of Allied Health Sciences (NIAHS and RIAHS).
Accreditations and Affiliations
Manipal College of Health Professions (formerly known as Manipal College of Health Professions ) is one of the top ranked institutions amongst Allied Health Colleges in India.
It is recognised by:
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB)
- Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry, India and World Council of Optometry, UK
- Indian Association of Respiratory Care (IARC)
- Indian Association of Physiotherapist (IAP), Life Member of WCPT
- All India Occupational Therapists Association (AIOTA)
Manipal College of Health Professions has collaborations with
- Health Professions Council (HPC), UK
- World Federation of Occupational Therapy (WFOT)
- Spastics Society of Karnataka
- Manipal Cure and Care Pvt. Ltd
- Bishop Cotton Cricket Academy.