CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guides PG students at KMC Mangalore.
- Sets question papers and internal examiner.
- Conducts integrated seminars, Problem Based learning (PBL) sessions and small group discussions efficiently.
- Is unit in-charge of Neuro-Sensory Developmental Clinic.
- Works actively with High risk neonates for developmental assessment and early interventions.
- Is involved in evaluation, clinical diagnosis, planning, prescription of treatment and followed by delegation and supervision, periodic reviews and statistical maintenance.
Amitesh Narayan is involved in clinical classroom teaching for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Basic Electro Physics||First BPT|
|Paediatric Orthopaedics||Third BPT|
|Physiotherapy in Paediatric Neurology||Third BPT|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Developmental Paediatrics||Manipal College Of Allied Health Sciences||1999|
|MPT||Community Health||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.|
|BPT (Bachelor of Physical Therapy)||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1997|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Physiotherapy, KMC Mangalore||Professor in Physiotherapy and In- charge Neuro-Sensory Developmental Clinic||July 2018 till date|
|Department of Physiotherapy, KMC Hospital, Mangalore||Professor, Head and In-charge Neuro-Sensory Developmental Clinic||June 2012 - June 2018|
|Department of Physiotherapy, KMC Hospital, Mangalore||Professor in Physiotherapy and In- charge Neuro-Sensory Developmental Clinic||January 2012 to June 2012|
|Department of Physiotherapy, KMC Hospital, Mangalore||Associate Professor and In- charge Neuro-Sensory Developmental Clinic||August 2006 to January 2012|
|Department of Physiotherapy, KMC Hospital, Mangalore||Assistant Professor and In- charge Neuro-Sensory Developmental Clinic||June 2004 to July 2006|
|Department of Physiotherapy, KMC Hospital, Mangalore||Assistant Professor and In- charge-Head of Department||March 2003 to May 2004|
|Department of Physiotherapy, KMC Hospital, Mangalore||Assistant Professor and Clinical In-charge||October 1999 to February 2003|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Developmental Paediatrics, Geriatrics, Paediatrics Orthosis, Developmental Scales in Paediatrics, Gait Analysis (Observational).
Area of Expertise
Developmental Paediatrics, Geriatrics
Area of Research
“Analysis of Motor Development of Mangalore-Urban Children (0-3 years) on Peabody Developmental Motor Scale (PDMS-2): A Longitudinal study” Hand therapy exercise board to improve Forearm pronation and wrist/finger flexion tightness in cerebral palsy children, Hip Joint hypermobility control to facilitate Pelvic girdle stability among Infants/children with hip joint laxity through modified trousers to gait early ambulation, State of art designed natural rubber based universal exercise unit to improve Lower trunk & pelvis and Lower Limb strength in Cerebral Palsy children, Controlled dynamic double wall Ankle Foot Orthosis for Equinous, and Equino valgum problem in Cerebral Palsy children to prevent the need for tendon lengthening, Plantar Articulating Foot Orthosis for club foot management, and SWASH (Standing, walking and sitting Hip Orthosis) Orthosis for Scissoring gait management in cerebral palsy children.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists, 2005-2009.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Physiotherapists.
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Cerebral Palsy.
- Life Member of Neuro Developmental Treatment Association (NDTA INC. USA).
Lateral reach test: A normative study in adults of Dakshina Kannada
2005-01-01 Shyam Krishnan K