CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Member of Board of Studies
- Member of Doctoral Committee
- Project guide for of MSc Hospital & Health Information Management and BSc Health Information Administration program
- PhD Guide in Health Information Management domain (Manipal Academy of Higher Education).
Sabu K M is Associate Dean of SOAHS Manipal and Professor in the Department of Health Information Management at SOAHS Manipal.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Medical Terminology/ Medical Language – I||MHI 607||Semester I, MSc HHIA|
|Medical Terminology/ Medical Language – I||MHI 604||Semester II, MSc HHIA|
|International Classification of Disease Coding||MHI 709||Semester III, MSc HHIA|
|Quality Assurance in Health & Hospital Statistics||BHI 205||Semester III, BSc HIA|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Health Information Management||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2006|
|Master of Applied Sciences||Medical Documentation||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|SOAHS Manipal||Professor & HOD||2010 - 2013|
|SOAHS Manipal||Associate Professor & HOD||2007 - 2010|
|SOAHS Manipal||Associate Professor & In-charge HOD||2006 - 2007|
|SOAHS Manipal||Senior Grade Lecturer & In-charge||2003 - 2006|
|SOAHS Manipal||Lecturer||2000 - 2003|
|School of Medical Education, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala||Guest Lecturer||2 months|
|KLE Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Karnataka||Resident Hospital Administrator||5 months|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Health Information Management and its Application in Healthcare,Quality Assurance and Management in Health Care, Disease Coding System
Area of Expertise
Health Information Management and its Application in Health,Quality Assurance and Management in Health Care,Disease Coding System
Area of Research
Health Information Management and its Application in Healthcare.,Quality Assurance and Management in Health Care
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Received Developing Country Delegate Sponsorship Award, instituted by International Federation of Health Information Management Administration (IFHIMA) 2013 for participating in 17th IFHIMA Congress held in May 2013 at Montreal, Canada
- Received the Best Teacher Award in the year 2003 instituted by Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences
- Life member of Indian Society of Health Administrators (ISHA)
- Life member of Academy of Hospital Administration, India
- Associate Member of the International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA)
- Member (Southeast Asia representative) of Global Health Workforce Council (GHWC) Chicago, USA founded by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA).
Perception of informed consent among the patients coming to radiology department
2013-01-01 Suresh Sukumar Rajagopal KV Rahul P Kotian Sahana Kotian
International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 2013.
A social audit of private hospital services in India
2012-01-01 Dola Saha
British Journal of Healthcare Management, 2012, Vol 18(7).
Awareness, attitude and their correlates towards health insurance in an urban south Indian population
2012-01-01 B Reshmi Sreekumaran Nair B Unnikrishnan
Management in Health, 2012, Vol XVI (1).
Knowledge, attitude and practice on blood donation among health science students in a university campus, South India
2011, Vol 10(2): 6.
A grading system for reproductive and child health indicators in southern India
2011-01-01 Nair NS Bairy R J Roopalekha
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health, 2011.
Problem of breast cancer in South India – A record based study
2010-01-01 Sanjay Pattanshetty Darshan BB Sneha Kamath
Australasian Medical Journal AMJ, 2010.
Development of cost-effective database software for psychiatric research: a study from tertiary care teaching hospital
2010-01-01 Nair NS Sharma PSVN
Online J Health Allied Scs, 2010, Vol 9(3): 8.
Psychosocial and clinical profile of patients diagnosed with dementia in a tertiary care centre
2010-01-01 K S Latha J Roopalekha
Indian Journal of Gerontology, 2010, Vol 24(2).
Smoking among Nepali Youth - prevalence and predictors
Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 2010, Vol 11, Pg 221-226.