CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Class coordinator of MSc and BSc programs.
- Member BOS (Board of Studies) of Nuclear Medicine.
- Course coordinator for PG Programme in Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Shivanand Bhushan is Associate Professor in the Department of Nuclear Medicine at MCHP, Manipal.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|General principles of Hospital practice and Care of patient||2nd Semester BNMT|
|Radiopharmacy||3rd Semester BNMT|
|Radiopharmacy-I||4th Semester BNMT|
|Radiopharmacy-II||5th Semester BNMT|
|Radiopharmacy||6th Semester BNMT|
|Radiopharmacy||2nd Year M.Sc NMT|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Pharmacology and Toxicology.||Patna University.||2004|
|DMRIT||Medical Radioisotope Techniques.||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Mumbai of Mumbai University Mumbai.||1996|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal||Associate Professor||Teaching/Clinical||June 2017 to till date|
|School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal||Assistant Professor- Senior Scale||Teaching/Clinical||December 2010 - June 2017|
|School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal||Assistant Professor.||Teaching/Clinical||June 2009 - November 2010.|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS) Patna- Bihar.||Technologist Nuclear Medicine.||Teaching, training and evaluation for BMXRT and DNB students, In-charge of Radioisotope Research (RARE) lab, RSO Diagnostic Nuclear medicine from April 2001 to June 2009, Course organizer of BMXRT Radiography course from June 2001 to June 2009.|
Correlation between glomerular filtration rate with gamma camera and estimated serum creatinine clearance from Cockcroft and Gault's formula
IJNM, Study concludes that SCrCl using Cockcroft and Gault's formula could serve as an instant, easy, and reliable method for assessing kidney function. SCrCl with Cockcroft and Gault's formula is more useful for rapid estimation of global GFR for those patients who are not accessible to DTPA renogram with gamma camera. www.ijnm.in/text.asp?2012/27/2/85/110684.
RP-3 & RP-21- Patient-specific syringe fractionate unit dose model: Practicable and economical approach of cold kit fractionation in hospital radio pharmacy
Radiopharmacy: Indian J Nucl Med, 2011, Study concludes that the developed "Patient Specific Syringe Fractionate Unit Dose Model" is an easy, cost effective, and feasible for any hospital radio pharmacy laboratory. It improves the prompt nuclear medicine service quality by increasing patient’s satisfaction. http://www.ijnm.in/text.asp?2011/26/5/37/90733.
PPAR-Gamma Receptor mediated severe thyroid toxicity in Mice
The aim of this study was to establish a Pre-clinical experimental setting to investigate the possible link between prolong use of PPAR-Y agonist and development of thyroid carcinoma in Swiss albino mice. http://www.indianjournals.com/ijor.aspx?target=ijor:jeoh&volume=9&issue=1and2&article=014.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Radioisotope applications in Health & environment
Area of Expertise
Medical Radioisotope applications, Preclinical Pharmacology & Toxicology
Area of Research
Therapeutic & Diagnostic Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Protection, Preclinical Pharmacology & Toxicology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Membership of Society of Nuclear Medicine ( SNM) India & World Federation of Nuclear Medicine & Biology( WFNMB).
- Life Membership of Association of Medical Physicists of India (AMPI)
- Life Membership of Indian Association of Radiation Protection (IARP)
- Founder President and Chairman & Life Membership of Eastern Chapter of Society of Medical Radiation Technology (EC SMRTI)
- Founder Executive member & Life Membership of Nuclear Medicine Physicists of India (NMPAI)
- Awarded for prestigious award of MICNM (Member of Indian College of Nuclear Medicine) – An academic wing of Society of Nuclear Medicine for year 2012 . Award felicitation held during ICNM convocation on 13th Dec 2013 at Mumbai .
- Certificate of achievement after successful completion of the NABH assessors course for Medical Imaging services ( MIS) during 3rd to 5th February 2012 at Bangalore ( Certificate no: MIS-S-2012-03-042) to complete the prerequisite for getting empanelled as a assessor for carrying out assessment of Medical Imaging services against NABH accreditation standards for Medical imaging services .
- First Prize Winner in oral Paper presentation in National symposium on Genomics 2012 held on 21stJanuary to 22nd January 2012 at Mahavir Cancer Sansthan Patna. Title of the topic was “ Safety management of hazardous radioactive Chemical materials to protect human health and environment: Insight into regulatory framework of current UGC Guidelines.”
- Second Prize winner in Poster presentation at 43rd Annual Conference of Society of Nuclear Medicine ( SNM) India at Chennai held from 8th Dec.2011 to 11 th Dec 2011.
- Note of gratitude for efficient and proactive participation received on 6th Jul 2011 for efficient technical assistance by Advisor PHFI , New Delhi at a workshop on “Situational Review Report Writing” under the National Initiative for Allied Health Services (NIAHS) Govt of India in partnership with Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) at MCOAHS, Manipal.
- Special appreciation letter received from Dean Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences for mooting the idea and to start Lateral Entry M.Sc NMT programme for PG Diploma holders in Nuclear Medicine Technology at MAHE from August 2011
- Third Prize Winner among faculty for poster presentation in the National symposium on “ Impact of environment Pollutants on health and fertility” held at Mahavir Cancer Sansthan, Patna during 13th- 14th March 2010.
- Member BOS Nuclear Medicine of Sri Venkateswariya Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS-Autonomous State Govt University), Tirupati-Andhra Pradesh.
- Governing Council Executive committee member of Society of Nuclear Medicine India (SNM-India) for the term 2013-2015.
- Founder Executive committee member of Nuclear Medicine Physicists of India (NMPAI) from the year June 2007 to Feb 2017.
Correlation between glomerular filtration rate with gamma camera and estimated serum creatinine clearance from Cockcroft and Gault formula
2012-01-03 Rajesh Kumar
Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol 27 (2), April - June 2012.
Performance status of single well RIA gamma counter
2011-01-05 Sushma kumari Punam Kumari Uday Kumar HS Rai
Roentgen Technology, Vol 7
Dose monitoring of radiation workers in university teaching hospital: A retrospective analysis
2009-01-05 Shishupal Kumar M Zope HS Rai S K Shahi
Roentgen Technology, Vol 5
Patient Specific fractionate unit dose model : Practicable an economical approach of cold kit fractionation in hospital Radiopharmacy, Abstract No: RP-3 and RP-21
Radiosotope research facilities in Bihar
2008-01-01 A Nath JK Singh Bindu Singh HS Rai
Ind. J of radiation research, Abstract No. 107, Vol. 5.
Cytoskeleton and mitotic apparatus
(Unit-3), Book chapter of SLM of Nalanda Open University for BSc Part III Zoology honours.
Fertilization and Parthenogenesis
(Unit-5), Book chapter of SLM of Nalanda Open University for BSc Part III Zoology honours.
Radioactivity, NMR and Raman spectroscopy
(Unit-4), Book Chapter of SLM of Nalanda Open University for MSc Part-II Zoology (Biotechnology paper).
Influence of decontaminating agents and swipe materials on laboratory simulated working surfaces wet spilled with Sodium Pertechnetate.
2017-13-06 Akchata Suman Lavanya K Dr. Shivanand Bhushan
Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2017 Jul; 32(3):173. URL: : http://www.ijnm.in/text.asp?2017/32/3/173/207869
Nuclear Medicine a guide for healthcare professionals & Practice.
2014-11-10 Dr. Shivanand Bhushan
Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2014; October; 29 (4) :291-292. URL : http://www.ijnm.in/text.asp?2014/29/4/291/142657
PPAR-Gamma Receptor mediated severe thyroid toxicity in Mice.
2009-01-06 Sharma M Dr. Shivanand Bhushan Nath A
Journal of Ecophysiology and Occupational Health. 2009; Jun; 9(1/2): 85. URL: http://eprints.manipal.edu/79827/
Dynamic chromatoscintigraphy methods
Dr. Shivanand Bhushan
In-812125; Joint venture between Manipal Academy of Higher Education and M/s Intellectual Venture, Banglore
To develop the prototype for radioactive anatomical land marker
2009-01-01 Jaikrishnan Vaikkathil Noby Varghese
Attempts made to develop two different structural engineering diagrams, Computer aided design and functional prototype for Radioactive anatomical land marker.
Evaluation of binding efficiency of Tc99m labelled to red blood cells in the presence of cocoa
2012-01-03 Deeksha Shetty
Study is to observe the interaction of different concentration of cocoa affecting In-Vitro 99mTc RBC labelling efficiency in volunteers’ blood. Study was duly approved by Institution ethics Committee of Kasturba Hospital, Manipal.
Intervention of Six minute test exercise on technetium 99m labelled methylene-di-phosphonate for musculoskeletal imaging in healthy humans
2012-01-03 Ravi Joshi
Purpose of the study is to see the effects of six minutes exercise of standard protocol (as physical intervention) on 99mTc- MDP bone to soft tissue imaging and uptake at different time after injection of 99mTc- MDP to the human health volunteers’. Study was duly approved by Institution ethics Committee of Kasturba Hospital, Manipal.
Evaluation of Concentration dependent toxicity of chitosan–coated iron oxide nanoparticles in mice.
2017-01-05 Nimisha Jais Dr Sanjay Bharati
Influence of decontaminating agents and swipe materials in laboratory simulated working surfaces.
2016-01-03 Akchata Suman Lavanya K
Guide URL: http://www.ijnm.in/text.asp?2017/32/3/173/207869
Personnel Radiation Dose monitoring of Radiation Workers at Kasturba Hospital Manipal : A retrospective analysis
2015-01-03 Yacob P. George Shrinidhi G.C
Extraction and quality check of 99mTc- Sodium pertechnetate from large alumina column using low specific 99Mo -Sodium molybdate activity
2014-01-03 Vikas Semwal
Effect of pH on the Stability of Radiolabelled Solid meal used for Gastric emptying Scintigraphy -An In vitro Study
2013-01-03 Rejith R
Seminar on genomics concludes
The Times of India, Patna. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-01-23/patna/30654971_1_genomics-mahavir-cancer-cancer-sansthan