Dr Rita Rani Chopra
Qualification: Ph.D.(Doctorate in Philosophy) in Economics, M. Sc. (Hons.) (Masters in Sciences) in Economics, B.Ed (Bachelors of Education) in Economics and Mathematics, B.A (Bachelors of Arts) with Economics and Mathematics
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Presently, working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Commerce.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Managerial Economics||Sem 1|
|Financial Econometrics-I||Sem 1|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Ph.D.(Doctorate in Philosophy)||Economics||Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab||2022|
|M. Sc. (Hons.) (Masters in Sciences)||Economics||from Punjab School of Economics, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab||2011|
|B.Ed (Bachelors of Education)||Economics and Mathematics||Panjab University, Chandigarh||2009|
|B.A (Bachelors of Arts)||Economics and Mathematics||Punjabi University, Patiala||2008|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Commerce, MAHE, Manipal||Assistant Professor||Teaching and Administration||Presently Working|
|Indian Institute of Technology Ropar||Teaching Assistant||Teaching||July 2015 - December 2019|
|B.A.M Khalsa College, Garhshankar, Hoshiarpur, Punjab||Adhoc Lecturer-in-Economics||Teaching the subject Economics to under-graduate and post-graduate classes||2011-2015|
Sustainability Assessment of Crops’ Production in India: Empirical Evidence from ARDL-ECM approach”
Poster presented at International Conference on Sustainable Technology and Development at Shenzhen, China (Live and On-demand) held on 31 October - 2 November, 2021.
“Sustainability Assessment of Crop Production and Crop-water footprint in India: Empirical Evidence from ARDL Bounds Testing and ECM approach”
Paper presented at 7th Management Doctoral Colloquium and VGSOM Research Scholars’ Day at Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, held on 3-4 February, 2021
“Virtual Water Trade Assessment: A Case Study of India”
Paper presented at Graduate Research Meet 2019 at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, during 1-2 November, 2019.
“Water Footprints and Social Well-being: A Case Study of India”
Paper presented at 55th Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society (TIES) at National Institute of Securities Markets, Patalganga campus, Navi Mumbai, during 8-10 January, 2019
“Water Footprints and Social Well-being: A Case Study of India"
Thesis proposal presented at 11th Doctoral Thesis Conference at ICFAI Business School (IBS) Hyderabad, held on 19-20 April, 2018.
“The Role of Intellectual Capital in Creating Corporate Values"
Paper presented at 54th Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society (TIES) at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu, during 7-9 March, 2018
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Environmental Economics, Applied Econometrics, Agricultural Economics, Indian Economy, Development Economics
Area of Expertise
Micro-Economics, Managerial Economics, Applied Econometrics and Development Economics
Area of Research
Environmental Economics, Agricultural Economics, Water Economics, and Sustainable Development
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Reviewer of Environmental Science and Pollution Research journal.
- Qualified UGC NET in Economics in June, 2011.
- Awarded as a Delegate at National Conference on Climate Change, Impact and Adaptation Practices sponsored by UGC
- Awarded as a Co-ordinator at National Level Workshop on Communication Skills: A Task-based approach sponsored by Regional English Language Office (RELO)
- Certificate Program in Advanced Panel Data and Time Series Models, during 14-16 February, 2018 at Madras School of Economics, Chennai.
- GIAN course on Theory and Practice on Efficiency and Productivity Measurement from 18-22 December, 2017 held at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
- GIAN course on Productive Efficiency: Theory and Practice under GIAN programme of MHRD, Government of India from 30th May to 8th June, 2016 held at School of Humanities Social Sciences & Management, Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar.
- National Level Workshop on Developing Communication Skills: A Task-based approach held on 10 May, 2016 at S.B.H.S.M Khalsa college of Education, Mahilpur, Hoshiarpur, Punjab.
- Awarded as a Co-ordinator in National Level Workshop on Developing Communication Skills: A Task-based approach held on 10 May, 2016 at S.B.H.S.M Khalsa College of Education Mahilpur, Hoshiarpur, Punjab
- Awarded as a Delegate in National Conference on Climate Change, Impact and Adaptation Practices sponsored by UGC during 14-16 February, 2012 at B.A.M Khalsa College Garhshankar, Hoshiarpur, Punjab.
Assessment of interstate dynamics of virtual water trade flows in primary crops production: Empirical evidence from India.
2021 Rita Rani Smruti Ranjan Behera
This study examines the interstate virtual water trade flows embodied in wheat and rice products across India's different states and union territories during 1994–2017.
Sustainability assessment of crops’ production in India: empirical evidence from ARDL-ECM approach
2022 Rita Rani Chopra
The study aims to evaluate the long- vs short-run relationships between crops’ production (output) and crops’ significant inputs such as land use, agricultural water use (AWU) and gross irrigated area in India during the period 1981–2018.