The Department of Data Science at Kasturba Medical College was established in the year 2006. This is the first teaching department started under the University. The department offers a Master’s program in Biostatistics, Certificate program in Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Methodology and Doctoral Program. The department also offers major and minor in statistics to postgraduates and undergraduates of various health science courses. The department has collaborative projects with national and international agencies & collaboration with many international universities.
- Linear Algebra
- Matrix Theory
- Statistical Genetics
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis.
- The department has collaborative research activities with Madras Diabetes Research Foundation, Chennai, India
- The department has academic collaboration with Novartis Healthcare Ltd., Hyderabad and conducts Executive Education Program in Biostatistics for their associates
- The department is exploring the possibility of joint PhD programs with pharmaceutical industry
- The department in collaboration with the Cochrane Public Health Group has set up satellite centre at Manipal Academy of Higher Education for coordinating the activities of Public Health Evidence South Asia (PHESA).