The Department of Prosthodontics & Crown and Bridge at MCODS Mangalore deals with the restoration of natural teeth, the replacement of missing teeth and contiguous maxillofacial tissues with artificial substitutes. This includes fabrication of complete and removable partial dentures, crowns, fixed dental prosthesis, laminate/veneers, inlays, post endodontic restorations, maxillofacial prosthesis and implants.
- One of the largest departments at the Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
- Equipped with 44 dental chairs, latest laboratory equipment, preclinical and phantom head laboratory to assist in preclinical training
- Well-equipped Ceramic lab for preparation of metal ceramic and all ceramic restorations
- Postgraduates use the latest face bow and semi adjustable articulators and latest available impression materials and cements available in their treatment procedures
- Latest CBCT tool to assist in diagnosis and treatment planning in Implantology.
- Removable Partial Dentures
- Interim Acrylic Dentures
- Cast Partial Dentures
- Conventional Complete Dentures
- Tooth supported overdentures
- Implant supported overdentures
- Immediate Dentures.
- Fixed Partial Denture
- Post and Core/ Crown
- Implant supported fixed prosthesis.
- Ocular Prosthesis
- Orbital Prosthesis
- Auricular Prosthesis
- Nasal prosthesis
- Bite Guard
- Hearing Aid Stabilisation Device
- Trismus appliance
- Surgical stents.
- Relining and Rebasing
- Denture Repair.
Access to hospital facilities gives student hands-on training in dental procedures
Libraries have publications on the latest developments in oral healthcare
Laboratories give students the opportunity for practical experience
Research & Publications
The crucial research areas are: Stress distribution in attachment systems of implant supported overdentures. Stress distribution in angulated implant abutments in anterior maxilla. Effect repeated cycles of chemical disinfection and microwave irradiation on surface roughness of relining materials and denture base acrylic resin. Efficacy of gingival retraction techniques. Bond strength of luting cements. Evaluation of dental implant impressions.
It is a great place to be in right from taking admission, the personal care begins and one finds the atmosphere very comfortable.
Dr. Arun K Simon
Department is fully committed to offer the highest level of orthodontic training to the students. The faculty leaves no stone unturned to educate the students, provide them with the best of infrastructure and orthodontic programs, and expose them to variety of complicated cases, to produce good clinicians. It was a great experience learning in such a supportive environment.
The department of orthodontics and Dentofacial orthopaedics has one of the highest standards of teaching and mentoring in Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore. An efficient team of faculty who are always approachable creates a student friendly environment in the department. The equipment and materials provided to us students are upgraded with the latest advancements in the field. The quality of work expected from students is high which helps students to thrive for perfection. It has definitely been a great experience to be a part of the learning process MCODS Mangalore has offered and I am a proud alumnus of this institution.
MCODS is a wonderful institution. There are people from different cultures here, and that interests me. I like the campus life a lot!
Cheah Hui Ling