Admission procedure for self-sponsored candidates :
- Candidates meeting the eligibility as per MAHE guidelines can apply for PhD program under this category.
- These candidates are required to appear for All India online PhD Manipal Entrance Test (MET) conducted by MAHE and shortlisted candidates will be subjected to an institute / department level interview.
- Admission order will be issued by the Admissions Office of MAHE.
- Candidates are admitted in July and January sessions.
- The Doctoral Advisory Committee (DAC) for the candidate will be constituted at the Institution/teaching department of MAHE after the admission.
- The candidate is required to submit PhD protocol to CDS for university presentation within 6 months of admission.
- The minimum duration of PhD course for such candidates is 3 years 6 months from the date of admission. Admission gets cancelled if the candidate leaves the Institution/joins new job before the completion of minimum duration.
- Extension beyond the minimum period will be based on the recommendation of the DAC and this requires approval from CDS.
- The maximum duration of PhD program is 6 years. The admission stands cancelled after the completion of maximum duration.
- Candidate is eligible for 12 days of casual leave and 15 days of special casual leave (SCL), per calendar year
- If the candidate avails leave over and above the eligibility with DAC approval, the duration of PhD will be extended by leave period availed.
- SCL can be availed only for academic enhancement programmes such as conference, workshop, seminars, symposiums with prior approval from MAHE
- Financial assistance to a maximum of Rs. 30,000 during the Ph D program will be provided for presenting paper/poster at national/international conference(s) or/and attending workshop/s with due recommendations from the guide and HOI. This amount can be utilised within 4 years of admission or before the submission of thesis whichever is earlier. As a part of mandatory requirements of Ph.D. course candidate shall present paper/poster pertaining to her/his Ph.D. research work in two conferences. This facility can be availed with prior approval from MAHE, Manipal
- During the PhD course, the candidate is not allowed to join another new project as Research Assistant (RA) / Junior Research Fellow (JRF) / Senior Research Fellow (SRF) etc which is not related to his / her PhD research area.
- The candidates who are selected as RA / JRF / SRF in a project related to PhD research area are required to apply to CDS for approval, through Guide, Co-Guide (if applicable), HOD and HOI with relevant documents.
- The candidates who get National fellowship while pursuing PhD are required to apply to CDS for approval, through Guide, Co-Guide (if applicable), HOD and HOI with relevant documents.