The Manipal University Sports Council is formed by:
- Chairman and Pro Chancellor - Dr H S Ballal
- Vice Chairman and Vice Chancellor - Dr K Ramnarayan
- Secretary - Dr Vinod C Nayak
All the Head of the Institutions and Sports Advisors, Directors of Physical Education, Assistant Directors of Physical Education and Coaches of all the Constituent Colleges of Manipal University are members of the Sports Council.
The Manipal University Sports Council organises the following Sports and Games Activities every year:
- Inter collegiate tournaments for Men and Women
- Athletics, Basketball, Badminton, Best Physique, Chess, Cricket, Cross Country Race, Football, Hockey, Swimming, Squash, Table Tennis, Tennis, Throw ball and Volley ball - The Best players from each of these events are sent to Inter University tournaments
- South Zone and Inter Zone Inter university tournaments every year
- National and International Conferences on Physical Education and Sports Sciences
- Workshops on sports related issues like sports injuries, Basic life support etc.
- Organises various National, State and District tournaments jointly with the respective associations
- Manipal University staff competitions in various events
- The sports council also organises coaching camps for school children during vacations
- In addition to this, the individual institutions also organise sports events like Inter class competitions/tournaments, All India Inter Medical Tournament MIST, All India Inter Engineering tournament REVELS, Cricket Premier League for the Corporate Companies etc.
Department of Physical Education at Institutional level
Manipal University Institutions have been arranged into groups, with each group having a Coordinator for Sports activities.