Dr T M A Pai Gold Medal for the Best Research Publication
a. To encourage the researchers of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) to publish high quality original research work in Scopus or Web of Science Indexed journals.
b. To recognize and reward the best research work published in each of the constituent institutions of Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
a. The undergraduate and postgraduate students who are on rolls with MAHE who publish original research work in any affiliated institutions of MAHE.
b. Registered PhD Scholars of MAHE who publish original research projects approved by the affiliated institutions of MAHE.
c. Fulltime Employees of MAHE who are on probation/permanent payrolls and faculty who are appointed on contract basis in any of the constituent institutions of MAHE.
1. An eligible student/researcher/employee submitting the research paper for Dr TMA Pai Gold Medal for Best Research Publication should bear the Manipal Academy of Higher Education affiliation and the` article ought to be published the calendar year previous to the year of the award. For example, the papers published in the year 2015 between January and December shall qualify for nomination for the 2016 award.
2. A covering letter addressed to the Registrar, Manipal Academy of Higher Education containing all the relevant details of the research article along with two copies of the original research publication has to be submitted through the proper channel, duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution at least two months before the annual awards day.
3. The institutions are encouraged to submit a minimum of two original research articles published in Journals indexed by Scopus or Web of Science with an impact factor of at least 1 as per the Journal Citation Report (JCR) corresponding with the year of the article published. The original research articles, having an impact factor less than 1 could be considered based on the recommendation from the HoI.
4. The Directorate of Research, Manipal Academy of Higher Education shall further facilitate the evaluation process by constituting an expert committee approved by Vice Chancellor, MAHE to examine the papers objectively using following parameters (a) Novelty/Originality (b) Methodology and content, (c) Results and discussion (d) Impact factor and SNIP/SJR of the journal carrying 25 points each.
5. General publications including reviews, short communications, editorials, case reports, perspectives, articles in press etc. are not applicable for the grant of award.
6. Dr TMA Pai Gold medal for the best research publication is awarded to the first author on condition that the first author has a Manipal affiliation.
7. All the other authors listed in the publication having the University affiliation shall receive a certificate/citation of appreciation signed by the Vice Chancellor, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
8. Interdisciplinary and Inter institutional joint publication shall be considered for the award on condition that the corresponding author or the first author has the Manipal Academy of Higher Education affiliation.
9. The selection of the awardee shall be communicated by the Directorate of Research, to the Heads of the Institution.
10. It is mandatory that the paper submitted for the award is uploaded on research data management system (RMS).