- Dr Saleemulla Khan, Asst. Prof. Selection Grade, Department of Pharmacognosy, received first prize for his poster, titled, ‘Chemical in-compatibility studies of an equiratio mixture of Cissus quadrangularis, Commiphora mukul and Morinda citrifolia by HPTLC marker and fingerprint analysis’ in the Sixth Euro-India International conference on Holistic medicine held at Kottayam during 9-11 September 2016. The conference was jointly organized by Institute of Holistic medicine, Kottayam, Kerala, India and Ayurveda Und Venen Praxis Dr Mathew, Klangefurt Am Worthersee, Austria. Delegates across India, Europe and USA attended the conference
- Faculty from Department of Pharmacy Practice, Dr. Rajesh V, Dr. Sonal Sekhar M and Dr.Suhaj A receive ISPE Scholarship to attend the 32nd International Conference on Pharmaco-epidemiology and Therapeutic Risk Management (ICPE), Dublin, Ireland during August 25-28, 2016. The scholarship provides complimentary registration, which includes admission to ICPE pre-conference courses, conference sessions, a membership in ISPE through June 30, 2017. It also provides access to 40+ hours of online education derived from 2016 ICPE and 2017 Mid-Year Meeting, as part of the Society's members-only online educational content
Good Teacher Awards:
- Mr PVR Chowdary, Reader, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, is conferred with the Good Teacher Award for the academic year 2014-15 among the teachers of III and IV year B Pharm programmes.
- Dr Angel Treasa Alex, Assistant Professor – Senior Scale, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, is conferred with the Good Teacher Award for the academic year 2014-15 among the teachers of I and II year B Pharm programmes
- Dr Vijaya Bhasker K, Assistant Professor – Selection Grade, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, is conferred with the Good Teacher Award for the academic year 2014-15 among the teachers of Pharm D programme
Awards instituted by Dr N Udupa, Professor, Department of Pharmacy Management & Director – Research (Health Sciences) Manipal Academy of Higher Education for the academic year 2014-15:
- Teacher of the Year Award: The award is conferred on Dr J Venkata Rao, Professor & HOD, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Supporting Staff of the Year Award: The award is conferred on Mr Sudhakar Poojary, Department of Pharmacology.
Awards for Excellence in Profession:
- Prize for Best Audio-Visual Teaching Material: Dr Yogendra Nayak, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology
- Dr TMA Pai Gold Medal for Outstanding Research: Dr Swapnil J Dengale, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
Life Time Achievement Award:
- Dr N Gopalan Kutty, Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, is conferred with Life Time Achievement Award for the outstanding contribution to the profession of Pharmacy in his protracted academic career.