CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Works as a lecturer in the department of Fundamentals of Nursing, catering to the professional development and growth of the students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||First Year BSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Certificate course on Bio-statistics, Epidemiology, and Research Methodology||Bio-statistics, Epidemiology, and Research Methodology||Department of Data Science, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2022|
|Certificate course on Research and Publication Ethics||Research and Publication Ethics||Directorate of online education, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2022|
|Short-term course on Advanced Nursing Leadership and Management||Leadership and Management||Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal||2022|
|Masters in Nursing||Obstetrics and Gynecological Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||2017|
|Bachelors in Nursing||Nursing||Father Muller College of Nursing, Mangalore||2014|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal||Lecuturer||January 2023 to till date|
|Prasanna School of Public Health||Research Associate||2021 - 2022|
|Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal||Administrative officer||2018 - 2019|
|School of Allied Health Sciences, MAHE||Research Assistant under World Health Organization and OECD Project||2017|
|Father Muller Charitable Institutions, Mangalore||Staff Nurse||2014-15|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Women’s health, non-communicable diseases, cardiovascular disease prevention, continuum of care, Geographical Information System
Area of Expertise
Obstetrics and Gynecological Nursing, Nursing Research, Qualitative research, Mixed methods research
Area of Research
Infection control, continuum of cardiac care, Women’s health, systematic reviews
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Certificate courses completed:
- CITI Program on Human Research (Curriculum Group) Biomedical Research Investigators (Course Learner Group) 1 - Basic Course - online course from University of Arizona- 2022-2026 (expiry)
- Online course on Designing, conducting, and analyzing Qualitative research by Udemy- October 2021.
· Resource person & Speaker:
- Resource person for “Training on Innovative Cervical Cancer Screening & Qualitative Research Methodology” organized at Manipal Academy of Higher Education – April 2022.
Awards & Recognitions:
- ICMR grant on systematic review titled ‘Efficacy of Mhealth Interventions for Improving Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes Among Pregnant Women with Hypertensive Disorders’ as coinvestigator in 2022.
Towards Enhancing Everyday Pregnancy Care: Reflections from Community Stakeholders in South India.
2018 Naveen Bagalkot Nervo Verdezoto Paula Griffiths Deirdre Harrington Nicola Mackintosh Dr Judith Angelitta Noronha
IndiaHCI'18 Proceedings of the 9th Indian Conference on Human Computer Interaction. ACM New York, NY, USA ©2018. ISBN 978-1-4503-6214-6.