Pharmacy Literacy Club
Objective of the Club
PLC is a students’ initiative to provide a platform for capacity building in the best clinical pharmacy practices & research, and Pharmaceutical public health services.
Purpose of the Club
- Provide a platform for students to involve in team-based learning and impart knowledge to society on the rational and safe use of medicines.
- Developing leadership skills by engaging in community outreach programs.
- Capacity building among the students to be a pharmaceutical public health champions.
- Foster the research culture among students on evidence-based pharmacy.
- Updating scientific knowledge on evolving clinical practice decisions.
- Membership is open to any currently enrolled students, faculty, and alumni of the Department of Pharmacy Practice.
- Only currently enrolled students are allowed to run the club.
- Current members may bring up new ideas during the open floor session of regularly scheduled meetings.
- Guest talk/ Grand Rounds
- Community out-reach programs
- Organizing professional events (Conferences, Workshop, symposium, etc)
- Networking with alumni
- Collaborating with similar interest groups
- Career promotions
- Publishing newsletter "DigiDose"
- Competitions and fairs certifications
- Fundraisers – via sponsorship
- A quarterly newsletter “ DigiDose” will be published and distributed to all the department staff and students.
- The content of the newsletter may include, but is not limited to: club activities, meeting schedules, scientific articles, health literatures, department activities, etc.
- The newsletter will contain factual information and will not contain personal opinions (e.g., political).