Innovative Communication Club (I2C)
Innovative communication club (I2C) is a group primarily comprising students, research scholars, and faculty members from Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education. I2C is committed to creating an environment of research and learning, igniting young minds, and stimulating a spirit of discovery and leadership. The group is also committed to improving public speaking and leadership skills. It’s also a place to make new interesting friends and have a good time.
Dr. N. Udupa is the advisory/founding member of I2C and has been a mentor and inspiration to students and research scholars of Manipal Academy of Higher Education. He has been a guiding force and motivational figure to thousands of students. Its present council structure has the following elected members for the year 2022.
FACULTY COORDINATOR: Dr. Usha Y Nayak, Associate Professor-Senior Scale, Dept. of Pharmaceutics
President: Mr. Ajinkya Nikam, Department of Pharmaceutics
Vice president: Mr. Muhammed Rashid PP, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Secretary: Mr. Ashutosh Gupta, Department of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
Joint secretary: Ms. Mrunal Pradeep Desai, Department of Pharmaceutical chemistry
Mr. Jerin James, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Mr. Bharath HB, Department of Pharmacology, Ms. Pooja Mallya, Department of Pharmaceutics
Ms. Swagatika Dash, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Mr. Adithya Chandrashekar, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Ms. Ashwinii T, Department of Pharmaceutics
Tribunal Committee members:
Ms. Divya Dhatri Kara, Department of Pharmaceutics, Ms. Manjula NayakManjula Nayak, Department of Pharmacy Management, Ms. Pemmereddy Ramadevi, Department of Pharmacognosy
List of activities conducted in 2021-22
- Webinar on the occasion of "World Cancer Day" 04 February 2022
- Newsletter 'FRONTLINE' first issue was launched on the occasion of "National Science Day" 28 February 2022
- Virtual Workshop on “Virtual training on Pharmaceutical techniques involved in Drug, Design and Analysis” 28 February 2022 to 05 March 2022
- PG Research Orientation on 31 May 2022
- Course offered in association with The Centre for Drug Testing and Department of Pharmaceutics, MCOPS for Summer School Program organized by MAHE-SRF under the aegis of the Directorate of Research, MAHE from 13 to 21 June 2022
List of activities conducted in 2020-2021
- Farewell Meet to Dr. N Udupa, Former Principal, MCOPS on 30 January 2021
- National Webinar on Science Journalism held on 08 February 2021
- Celebrates Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav- 75th Anniversary of Independence of India by contributing towards essay write up on unsung freedom fighters of India between 12 March 2021 to 15 August 2021
List of activities conducted in 2019-2020
- Annual Day Competitions 2019 - Scientific Abstract Writing, Graphical Abstract Making, Scientific Cartooning and Scientific Poetry - February 2019
- 2-days course on 'Pre-clinical Drug Discovery and Development Studies' offered by MCOPS as a part of Summer School 2019 on 07-08 June 2019
- A Session on Conducting Effective Literature Search Using Electronic Resources’ by Dr. K. Shivananda Bhat, Chief Librarian and Associate Professor and Dr. Mahabaleshwara Rao, Dy. Chief Librarian and Associate Professor, Dept. of Library and Information Sciences, Health Sciences Library, KMC, MAHE on 03 August 2019
- A guest talk by Mrs Usha Rani on meditation and stress management - 22 August 2019
List of activities conducted in 2017-19
- Research Orientation 2017 for M. Pharm I year students
- Pharmacist Day
- Photography competition
- Abstract writing competition
- Hands-on workshop on Statistical and Data Analysis Tools
- Women’s Day Celebration
- Introduction to SPSS Hand-on Training
List of activities conducted in 2016-17
- One-day Workshop on Research Orientation on 24th August 2016 at Interact, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Oral presentation competition (on the occasion of National Pharmacy Week) on the theme 'Innovations in Healthcare and Technology' on 25 November 2016 at MCOPS, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
List of activities conducted in 2015-16
- I2C celebrates "World Pharmacist Day" with a "Poster Competition" on 25 September 2015.
- Guest Talk By: Dr. Jacinta D'souza (University of Mumbai, Department of Atomic Energy) on "Flagella/Cilia: A Scientific Enigma" 4th August 2015.
- Guest talk on “International Collaborations & Internships” by Dr. KARUNAKAR A KOTEGAR 3rd July 2015.
- Guest talk on "Research, Innovation and Interdisciplinary Research" by Dr. V S VENKATESAN, 27th June 2015
- Dental Speak on "Oral Health for Overall Health" By Dr. Kanishk Gupta, 26th May 2015.
- An Interactive Session on Research with Prof. MS Valiathan, 13th April 2015.
- Guest lecture by Prof. Sunder Sarukkai on Being creative, 12th Feb 2015.
- I2C was also a contributor for organising 1st International conference on Healthcare and Technical Research (ICHTR) during December 22-24, 2015