Innovative Communication Club (I2C)
Innovative communication club (I2C) is a group primarily comprising students, research scholars, and faculty members from Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education. I2C is committed to creating an environment of research and learning, igniting young minds, and stimulating a spirit of discovery and leadership. The group is also committed to improving public speaking and leadership skills. It’s also a place to make new interesting friends and have a good time.
Dr. N. Udupa is the advisory/founding member of I2C and has been a mentor and inspiration to students and research scholars of Manipal Academy of Higher Education. He has been a guiding force and motivational figure to thousands of students. Its present council structure has following elected members for the year 2017-18
Advisor: Dr. N. Udupa, Research Director (HS), Manipal Academy of Higher Education
External Advisor: Dr. Amit Khanna, Indian Unit Head, Global Regulatory CMC, Novartis Global Development, Hyderabad.
Faculty Coordinators: Dr. Usha Y. Nayak, Associate Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutics and Dr. Vijaya Bhaskar, Assistant Professor (Selection Grade), MCOPS.
President: Ms. Reema Narayan, Research Scholar, Dept. of Pharmaceutics
Vice-President: Ms. Navyasree K. S., Research Scholar, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
Secretary: Ms. Ekta Rathi, Research Scholar, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Joint-Secretary: 1) Ms. Shreya A. B., 2) Mr. Vivek Ghate, Research Scholar, Dept. of Pharmaceutics
Treasurer: Ms. Divya Gopalan, Dept. of Pharmaceutics; Ms. Keerthy Priya, Dept. of Pharmacology; Mr. Aditya Kiran, Dept. of Biotechnology
Webmaster: Ms. Viji Chandran, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice; Mr. Raghava Varma, Dept. of Quality Assurance
Coordinators: Mrs. Athira Nair, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice, Mrs. Nancy Philip, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Mr. Rajdeep Ray, Dept. of Pharm. Chemistry
List of activities conducted in 2017-18
- Research Orientation 2017 for M. Pharm I year students
- Pharmacist Day
- Photography competition
- Abstract writing competition
- Hands-on workshop on Statistical and Data Analysis Tools
- Women’s Day Celebration
- Introduction to SPSS Hand-on Training
List of activities conducted in 2016-17
- One-day Workshop on Research Orientation on 24th August 2016 at Interact, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Oral presentation competition (on the occasion of National Pharmacy Week) on the theme 'Innovations in Healthcare and Technology' on 25 November 2016 at MCOPS, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
List of activities conducted in 2015-16
- I2C celebrates "World Pharmacist Day" with a "Poster Competition" on 25 September 2015.
- Guest Talk By: Dr. Jacinta D'souza (University of Mumbai, Department of Atomic Energy) on "Flagella/Cilia: A Scientific Enigma" 4th August 2015.
- Guest talk on “International Collaborations & Internships” by Dr. KARUNAKAR A KOTEGAR 3rd July 2015.
- Guest talk on "Research, Innovation and Interdisciplinary Research" by Dr. V S VENKATESAN, 27th June 2015
- Dental Speak on "Oral Health for Overall Health" By Dr. Kanishk Gupta, 26th May 2015.
- An Interactive Session on Research with Prof. MS Valiathan, 13th April 2015.
- Guest lecture by Prof. Sunder Sarukkai on Being creative, 12th Feb 2015.
- I2C was also a contributor for organising 1st International conference on Healthcare and Technical Research (ICHTR) during December 22-24, 2015