To prevent substance abuse and to create a secure, conducive atmosphere for learning among the students on the campus
MAHE adheres to the following guidelines concerning the possession, use and/or distribution of substances of abuse:
Cannabis, Heroin, Benzodiazepines, barbiturates, Flunitrazepam, Cocaine, Ketamine, Psilocybin, Lysergic acid diethylamide, Amphetamine, Methamphetamines, MDMA, Phencyclidine, GHB, Methaqualone, Inhalants and any other drugs and substances mentioned in The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Act 1985.
1. The possession, use and/or distribution of substances of abuse are prohibited on premises owned or controlled by MAHE.
2. MAHE squads will carry out random checks on students/residential premises for substances of abuse.
3. Possession, use and/or distribution of substances of abuse will attract appropriate disciplinary action which may include expulsion.
Offenders will also come under the purview of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act 1985 (NDPS Act) and will be liable for penal action.
A student violating the MAHE policy on substance abuse will face:
A. Immediate suspension from the college, pending enquiry.
B. Parent/legal guardian will be informed immediately and will be expected to meet the Head of Institution (HOI) at the earliest.
C. The Institutional disciplinary committee will conduct an enquiry and submit the report to HOI who will initiate further action in consultation with the Director Student Affairs Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
Policy Matters on Alcohol & Tobacco
· The University campus is declared as “Alcohol /Tobacco free campus”
· If a student is found possessing/consuming Tobacco/Alcohol in the premises owned or controlled by MAHE, the Disciplinary Committee (DC) will take appropriate action.
©2018 Manipal Academy of Higher Education, manipal.edu, Madhav Nagar, Manipal-576104, Karnataka.