CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clinical Consultant
- Teaching UG, PG and MPhil
- Internal and External Examiner
- Supervising Community Posting
- ISO co-coordinator
- In-charge of Stroke Rehabilitation Clinic
- Member of Institutional Research Committee(IRC) and DAC Member.
Shwetha T S is Assistant Professor in Department of Clinical Psychology –Manipal College of Health Professions, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
In addition to the teaching responsibilities of M.Phil. & M.Sc. Clinical Psychology,
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Qualitative Research||Third semester|
|Behavioural Medicine||II MPhil Students|
|Psychotherapy and counseling||II MPhil Students|
|Psychosocial foundations of behavior||I MPhil Students|
|Psychological Testing||I MPhil Students|
|Clinical Psychology||PSW.PG Psychiatry|
|Psychological Testing||BSc, MSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|M.Sc.||Clinical and Counseling||SDMPG College and Research Studies||2007|
|M.Phil.||Clinical Counseling||Institute of Rehabilitation Center||2011|
|Postgraduate Diploma||Clinical Ethics||Yenepoya University in collaboration with Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany||2016|
|PhD||Psychology||SDMPG College and Research Studies Mangalore University||2017|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Oxford College of Arts||Lecturer||Teaching||2 years|
|Department of Psychiatry & Peadiatrics||Assistant Professor||Clinical and Teaching||5 years 6 months|
|Department of Clinical Psychology||Assistant Professor||Teaching faculty and Clinical supervisor||7th August 2017 –till date|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Child and Adolescent, Sexuality and Special Populations, Anxiety Disorders, Child Sexual Abuse
Area of Expertise
Clinical and Teaching
Area of Research
Cultural Studies, Special Population, Anxiety Disorders
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
S.D.M. College, Alumni Association (P.G. Department Psychology): Life Member
Indian Academy of Applied Psychology (IAAP) : Life member
Indian Association of Clinical Psychologist(IACP) : Life member
Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors & Therapists (ASECT): Life member
Social Scientist in Ethics Committee(A.J.I.M.S) :2012 to 2017
Anti-Ragging Committee (A.J.I.M.S) :2012 to 2017
- Merit Award for highest marks in Optional Kannada Language for all 3 Years in B.A.
- Certificate of Appreciation for working with Disable people given by Samarthana Trust for the Disabled.
- Research paper entitled: Anxiety Sensitivity in Panic Disorder received Best Paper Award Presented at 41st National Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Clinical Psychologist, 2015.
- Ph.D. Research paper entitled: Devadasi system and Social exclusion –A qualitative study was awarded as Best Paper at International Conference on Women Empowerment & Social Sciences, March 05–07,2015, The American College in collaboration with International Multidisciplinary Research Foundation, India.
- BOS –Member of SDM Degree College, Ujire, DK.
- BOS-Member for Mangalore University, Mangalore.
- BOE-Member of SDM PG college,Ujire nominated by Mangalore University for 2019-2022
Multidisciplinary Approach to Road Rage-A Critical Review
Handbook of Management and Behavioral Science, Delhi, India , Vol-VII, June, Wisdom Publications 2012
Absence of father figure and its repercussions on children of devadasis
International Journal of Psycho Social Research, December,Volume-III,No.2,2014
Devadasi system and social exclusion –A qualitative study
No Human Rights International Research Journal,2015, Volume: III, Issue:1
Devadasi system and its impact on their children
Indian Journal of Applied Research, Volume:5,Issue : 1,Jan,2015.
Commercial Sex Work in India-Nalini Tells her story”
2016 Publication of APA Division 35 Section IV
Perspective- on lesbian, bisexual and transgender concerns”, 2016 Publication of APA Division 35 Section IV