CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Pathology||III, IV, V semester MBBS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Pathology||Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore||2016|
|MBBS||Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore||2013|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||Teaching, diagnostic, research||16/09/2016 - till date|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Oncopathology, Hematopathology, Female genital tract pathology
Area of Expertise
Hematopathology, Female genital tract pathology
Area of Research
Hematopathology, Female genital tract pathology, Infectious diseases
1. Philipose CS, T Umashankar. The Role of Hematological parameters in the prediction of malaria with special emphasis on neutrophil lymphocyte count ratio and monocyte lymphocyte ratio: A single Institutional experience. Trop Parasitol.2016;6:147-50.
2. Gupta K, Philipose CS, Rai S, Ramapuram J, G Kaur, Kini H, Venkataramana CG, Adiga D. A study of Pap smear in HIV positive women from a tertiary care center in South India. Acta Cytol 2019;63:50-5.
3. Rai S, Lali BS, Venkataramana CG, Philipose CS, Rao R, Prabhu GGL. Quest for accuracy: Utility of Paris system for reporting urinary cytology in diagnosing Urothelial carcinoma.2019;36:169-73.doi:10.4103/JOC_67_18.1.
4. Mathur S, Philipose CS, Ganaraja B. Effect of Aqueous Extract of Liquorice (G. Glabra L) in Treatment of Stress Induced Gastric Ulcer in Wistar Rats. Phcog J.2019;11:1526-31. doi 10.5530/pj.2019.11.23.
5. Basavaiah SH , Lobo FD , Philipose CS , Suresh PK , Sreeram S , Kini H, Sahu KK, Prasad K. Clinicopathological spectrum of solitary Plasmacytoma: a single center experience from coastal India. BMC Cancer. 2019;19:801. doi.org/10.1186/s12885-019-5976-7.
1. Aberrant expression of CD markers in Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A study from a tertiary care center in south India. 2. A rare case of bone marrow infiltration by Hodgkin’s Lymphoma with coexisting Tuberculosis and Leukemoid reaction in a young female patient. 3. A neurofibroma with a twist 4. A rare case of Piloleiomyoma presenting as forehead swelling 5. Manipal research grant Title of study: Study of Micronucleoli score on cytological specimens of beningn and malignant breast lesions.