CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching and Research in Microbiology
- Dr TMA Pai Endowment Chair in Hospital infections
- Member Secretary, Institutional Ethics Committee
- Member Secretary, Composite Research Committee
Gopalkrishna Bhat K is involved in:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Doctor of Philosophy PhD||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1993|
|Master of Science in Medical Microbiology||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1986|
|Bachelor of Science Master of Science||St Philomena College, Puttur||1983|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Additional Professor||2012 onwards|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||1999-2012|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||1993-1999|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Lecturer||1987-1993|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Tutor||1986-1987|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Drug Resistance, Hospital Infections, Community-Acquired MRSA, Bacterial Virulence
Area of Expertise
Bacterial Culture and Identification, Fungal Culture, Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing, Serology, Parasitology
Area of Research
Trace metal metabolism and virulence in S aureus, E coli, Community-Acquired MRSA, Drug Resistance, Hospital Infections
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Editorial Board Member, Urology.
- Awarded for contribution to medical literature, 2005-2012.
- Awarded with Dr TMA Pai Gold Medal for best research, 1990.
- PhD research programme coordinator at KMC, Mangalore.
- Life Member of the Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists.
- Life Member of the Association of Microbiologists of India.