CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching, research and diagnostic microbiology
- Dr TMA Pai Endowment Chair in Hospital infections
- Member Secretary, Institutional Ethics Committee
- Member Secretary, Composite Research Committee
- Recognised Ph.D guide
- Peer reviewer for 15 National and International Journals
Gopalkrishna Bhat K is involved in:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Doctor of Philosophy PhD||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1993|
|Master of Science in Medical Microbiology||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1986|
|Bachelor of Science Master of Science||St Philomena College, Puttur||1983|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Additional Professor||2012 onwards|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||1999-2012|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||1993-1999|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Lecturer||1987-1993|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Tutor||1986-1987|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Drug Resistance, Hospital Infections, Community-Acquired MRSA, Bacterial Virulence
Area of Expertise
Bacterial Culture and Identification, Fungal Culture, Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing, Serology, Parasitology
Area of Research
Trace metal metabolism and virulence in S aureus, E coli, Community-Acquired MRSA, Drug Resistance, Hospital Infections
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Editorial Board Member, Urology.
- Awarded for contribution to medical literature, 2005-2012.
- Awarded with Dr TMA Pai Gold Medal for best research, 1990.
- PhD research programme coordinator at KMC, Mangalore.
- Life Member of the Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists.
- Life Member of the Association of Microbiologists of India.
- Elected Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy
1. Veni EJK, Bhat G, Shalini SM, Kumar P, Chakrapani M, Baliga S. Community-acquired
Bacteremia – case series. Kathmandu Uni Med J 2015 ; 49(1) : 77-79.
2 .Anwesha 2. Chakraborty, Anu chandran, Gopalkrishna Bhat K. Does citrus fruit have
antibacterial effect against enteric pathogenic bacteria ?. Indian J Appl Res 2015 ;5(5)
3. Chakraborty A, Adhikari P, Shenoy S, Baliga S, Bhat G, Rao S, Biranthabail D, Saralaya
V. Molecular characteristics and clinical significance of New Delhi metallo
betalactamase producing Escherichia coli recovered from south Indian tertiary care
hospital. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2015 ; 58(3) : 323-327.
4. Gupta S, Bhat Gopalkrishna K. Antibacterial effect of neem oil on methicillin resistant
Staphylococcus aureus. J Med Plant Studies 2016 ; 4(1) : 1-3.
5. Jyoti Kumari, Shalini Shenoy, Chakrapani M, Vidyalakshmi K, Gopalkrishna Bhat K.
In vitro activity of vancomycin and daptomycin against healthcare-associated
methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated from clinical specimens. Asian J
Pharma Clin Res 2016 ;9(3) :44-46.
6. Jyoti Kumari, Shalini Shenoy, Chakrapani M, Vidyalakshmi K, Gopalkrishna Bhat K.
Comparison of Etest and agar dilution for determining minimum inhibitory
concentration of vancomycin to healthcare-associated methicillin resistant
Staphylococcus aureus.Asian J Pharma Clin res 2016 ;9(4) : 1-3.
7. . Jyoti Kumari, Shalini Shenoy, Shrikala Baliga, Chakrapani M, Gopalkrishna Bhat K.
Healthcare-associated methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus- clinical
characteristics and antibiotic resistance profile with special emphasis on macrolide-
lincosamide-streptograminB. Sultan Qaboos Univ Med J 2016 ;16 :175-181.
8.. Veni Emilda, JK, Jyoti Kumari, Shalini Shenoy M, Vidyalakshmi K, Gopalkrishna
Bhat K. Comparison of community-associated and healthcare-associated methicillin
Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Mangalore, South India. RJPBCS 2016 ;7 :2008-
9. Jyoti Kumari K,Shalini Shenoy M, Chakrapani M, Vidyalakshmi K, Gopalkrishna Bhat K
Susceptibility pattern of healthcare-associated methicillin resistant Staphylococcus
aureus to vancomycin and daptomycin. Int J Infect Dis 2016 ;45 :101.
11. Jyoti Kumari,, Shalini Shenoy M, Ashwini Hegde, Vidyalakshmi K,Chakrapani M,
Gopalkrishna Bhat K. Vancomycin intermediate and vancomycin resistant
Staphylococcus aureus – Mechanisms, clinical significance and detection. Asian J
Pharm Clin Res 2017,10(6) :32-38.
12 Praveen C. Shetty, Gopalkrishna Bhat K. Comparative evaluation of microscopy and
culture methods in the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV infected patients
J Pure Appl Microbiol 2017 ; 11(2) :1123-1128.
13. Grace Corrine Khong YL, Leesha Sharon, Pooja Pandy,NadeemGuldar,Gopalkrishna
Bhat K. Efficacy of simple bleech digestion of sputum in the diagnosis of pulmonary
Tuberculosis by microscopic examination. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017 ;10(10)
14. Ramya Kateel, Gopalkrishna Bhat K, Shrikala Baliga, Alfred Augustine,
Sheetal Ullal, Prabha Adhikari. Antibacterial action of Tropical honey on various
bacteria obtained from diabetic foot ulcer. Compl Ther Clin Pract 2018 ;30 :29-32.
15. Pradeepa HD, Sathish B Rao, Ganaraj B, Gopalakrishna Bhat, Chakrapani M
Tri-phasic fever in dengue fever. Trop Doct 2018 ;48(2) :93-97.
16. Mani A, Gopalakrishna Bhat, Vishakh Acharya, Shalini Shenoy. Varied clinical
spectrum of A rare entity pneumonia Pasteurella canis =case series and review of
literature. JCDR 2019 ; 13(3) : 1-4.
17. Pradeepa HD, Sathish Rao, Ganaraja B, Gopalkrishna Bhat, Chakrapani Mahabala
Unique temperature patterns of 24 hour continous tympanic temperature in
Tuberculosis. Tropical Doctor 2019 ;49(2) :75-79.
Guiding a Ph.D candidate under DST INSPIRE program. Has guided 3 candidates and co-guided 5 candidates for Ph.D under MAHE. Has guided 6 Medical undergraduate students under ICMR STS program.