CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching undergraduates and postgraduate students.
- Conducting OPD and treating In patients and operating when necessary.
- Actively involved in organizing CME activities in the department.
- External examiner for several universities for both UG and PG exams.
- Invited faculty for CME at various regional events.
His roles and responsibilities include:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|General surgery||Post graduates|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|DNB||General Surgery||National Board||2006|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Associate Professor||UG/PG|
|KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor|
|SMIMS Gtk||Assistant Professor|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Minimal access surgery, HPB surgery, Advanced laparoscopy
Area of Expertise
Trained in HBP and liver transplant at Queen Mary Hospital Hong Kong. Performing complex multi organ resection for cancers of esophagus,pancreas and liver.
Area of Research
Liver resection , advanced laparoscopy.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Association of Surgeons of india
- Member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India.
- Member of Indian Association of Gastroenterology and endoscopic surgery.
- Secretary ASI –Mangalore chapter 2011-2012
1. A rare isolated case of adenocarcinoma of rete testis with cutaneous secondaries? A case report. webmedcentral.com
2. Bilateral Branchial Apparatus Anomaly – A Rare Case published in Surgery: Current Research (Pubmed Indexed)
3. Bilateral Primary Angiosarcoma of the Breast – a case report published in case reports in surgery journal sept 30 2013(Pubmed indexed).
4. Original Article : Relationship of intravenous fluid therapy to electrolyte imbalance in upper gastrointestinal surgeries published in IOSR Journal of dental and medical sciences Jan 2014
5. Splenic epithelial cyst with elevated CA 19-9 levels a case report published Mar 2014 in online journal of health and allied sciences.