CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Professor & Head
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Ophthalmology||Sixth and Seventh semesters|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Ophthalmology||Madras Medical College, Chennai||1995|
|DOMS||Stanley Medical College, Chennai||1990|
|MBBS||Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai||1982|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor and Head||UG, PG Teacher in Ophthalmology||Feb 2016 - till date|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Additional Professor||UG, PG Teacher in Ophthalmology||Jul 2012 - Feb 2016|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||UG, PG Teacher in Ophthalmology||Aug 2001- Jul 2012|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||UG, PG Teacher in Ophthalmology||Aug 1996- Aug 2001|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Comprehensive Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
Area of Expertise
Anterior segment, glaucoma
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- 1. Member of A.I.O.S, K.O.S, T.N.O.A, S.K.O.C.
- 2. Member of Clinical skills Lab committee, KMC, Mangalore.
- 3. Member of Board of studies, MAHE, Manipal
1. Pai SG, Gupta A, Dudeja L, Nayak MK. Ocular Manifestations of Vitiligo: Evaluation and Study of Any Possible Association. Online J Health Allied Scs. 2015:14 (4):10. Published 30th January 2016
2. Bindu Madhavi Manapragada, Shobha G Pai, Susan D’Souza, Madhurima K Nayak . Evaluation of Retinal Thickness in Neurodegenerative Diseases using Spectral Domain Optical Coherence tomography. Journal of clinical and Diagnostic Research, August 2018, Vol-12, Issue-8, NC05-NC-08
3. Shobha G. Pai, Madhurima Nayak, Jayanthi Kalary, S. S. Krithishree1
Malingering versus dissociative disorder: A clinical dilemma!!
Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology and Research ‑ Volume 7 ‑ Issue 1 ‑ January‑April 2019.
4. Pai SG, Mounika V
Ocular Manifestations of HIV: A Hospital Based Study
Online Journal of Health and Allied Science 2019. Volume – 18, Issue – 01,
Page No 1 – 3. January – March 2019.
5. Teena M Mendonca, Shobha G Pai, Shrinath P Shetty, Ria Mukherjee, Tishya Vepakomma
An atypical case of unilateral vision loss in thyroid eye disease
Clinical and Experimental Optometry 2020. DOI:10.1111/cxo.13048
1. Evaluation of macular thickness and Retinal nerve fiber layer thickness in neurodegenerative diseases using spectral domain optical coherence tomography by Dr. Bindu Madhavi M 2. Estimation of central corneal thickness in diabetics and non diabetics when measured with spectral domain optical coherence tomography by Dr. Vasuraj 3. Visual outcomes of cataract surgery in diabetic patients by Dr. Neha Singh 4. A clinical study and proportion of normal tension glaucoma among the glaucoma suspects by Dr. Pooja Kandula 5. Comparison of corneal endothelial cell loss before and after cataract surgery :Phacoemulsification Versus Manual Small-Incision Cataract Surgery by Dr. Sangeetha Rao