CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- She is involved in teaching undergraduates of various semesters during their clinical posting as well as in the theory classes.
- Part of our postgraduate teaching program and the in charge of the postgraduate postings in various units.
- Part of the team in developing the undergraduate and postgraduate logbook for the department.
- Special interest in pediatric hematology oncology and is in the unit which manages children in the hospital.
- Member of the Medical Education Department of KMC, Mangalore.
- Member of the clinical skills lab for the demonstration of procedures to the students on manniquins.
- Part of the library advisory committee from the department of Paediatrics.
- Attends scientific conferences and present papers in and out of Mangalore.
Dr Soundarya M is Associate Professor in the Department of Paediatrics.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Paediatrics||213||4th,7th,8th and 9th|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Associate Professor||Oct 28th 2011 to till date|
|KMC, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||19th May 2007- Oct 25th 2011|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Pediatric hematology and oncology and pediatric HIV
Area of Expertise
Have been a part of the hematology oncology unit since the last 7 years.
Area of Research
General pediatrics along with hematology oncology and HIV
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Papers and posters presented:
- Clinicoetiological Profile of Acute Renal Failure : A Government Hospital Experience’ in the XVII Annual National Conference of Indian Pediatric Nephrology Group (IAP- Nephrology Chapter) in November 2005
- Impact of a District Health System Special Care Neonatal Unit on obstetric decisions for caesarean sections and mortality rates’ in the Xth Annual Conference of the National Neonatology Forum Karnataka State Chapter, September 2006.
- Poster presented which got the best poster award titled ‘ An Unusual case of Cutaneous Gangrene’ in Karnataka PEDICON 2009 on Oct 31st 2009 in Mangalore
- Poster titled ‘Hyperreflexia in a child with Acute Motor Axonal Neuropathy’ in Karnataka PEDICON 2009 on Oct 31st 2009 in Mangalore
- Have been awarded the Dr S S Manchanda Neonatology Research Award in in the national pediatric conference – IAP PEDICON 2010 held in Hyderabad from 7th – 10th January 2010 for the research paper on ‘COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF FETAL MALNUTRITION USING ANTHROPOMETRY AND CANSCORE’
- Chapter on ‘Childhood Hematological malignancies - Hodgkin’s Lymphoma’ in the Achar’s Textbook of Pediatrics. Fourth edition (chapter no – 21; 472 – 474). Jaypee publishers.
- Chapter on ‘The Fetus and Infant of the Diabetic mother’ in the Management of Diabetes in Obstetrics. First edition( chapter no – 13; 110 – 137). Jaypee Publishers.
Psychopathology in Mothers of Children with Global Developmental Delay due to Spastic Diplegia.
Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2014, vol 5 issue 2;73-79
Study of the clinicopathological profile of Paediatric hematological malignancies at a tertiary care centre
Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2013; Vol2, Issue 43, October 28; Page: 8438-8443.
AN INTERESTING CASE OF EOSINOPHILIC MENINGITIS
Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research .2013 04; 734 - 735.
CAFFEY’S DISEASE - A DIAGNOSTIC DILEMMA
International Journal of Current Research and Review, 2013; 5(1):95-99
An Interesting Case of Dysphagia in a HIV Patient.
2013, Volume 7, Issue 3; 534 - 536