CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students..
- Assisting the administration to implement Manipal Academy of Higher Education policies, rules and regulations.
- Organizing the departmental activities and administering the department efficiently.
- Helping orient the new staff appointed to the department and the students posted in the department.
- Active participation in organising CME and other departmental events.
Dr U Anand Kini is Professor in Plastic surgery, Department of Surgery, KMC Mangalore.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Plastic Surgery||Post graduates|
|Plastic surgery||5th Semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MCh||Plastic surgery||Madras Medical College||1988|
|DNB||General surgery||National Board||1986|
|MS||General surgery||KMC Mangalore||1985|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Associate Professor||General Surgeon||21/09/12 - till date|
|KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||Plastic surgeon||02/06/08 to 20/09/12|
|KMC, Mangalore||Professor||Plastic surgeon||07/11/97 to 01/06/08|
|KMC. Mangalore||Associate Professor||Plastic Surgeon||07/11/93 to 06/11/97|
|KMC, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||Plastic Surgeon||01/09/88 to 06/11/93|
|KMC, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||General surgeon||09/10/85 to 21/06/86|
|KMC, Mangalore||Resident||General surgery||30/6/82 to 23/07/85|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Plastic and Reconstructive surgery
Area of Expertise
In head and neck and lower extremity reconstruction, cleft lip and palate, hand surgery, burns, diabetic foot infections.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1.Life member of ASI
2.Life member of APSI
3.Life member of IMA.
4.Member of College Coordination Committee.