The Department of Medical Education, seeks to transform medical education in the service of advancing the health needs of the community using innovative workshops which are held for medical teachers, basic (undergraduate) and postgraduate medical students.
The Department of Medical Education of Kasturba Medical College, Manipal was established in 1985 by Dr. A. Krishna Rao, Professor of Physiology and Former Dean, KMC, Manipal. The Department nurtures and supports the development of a medical teacher in his/her multiple academic roles.
Aim: To make teaching and learning more effective in all phases of education including undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education
- To conduct the Revised Basic Medical Education Technologies Workshop as per the MCI directives for the faculty of Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- Sensitize teachers about new concepts in teaching and assessment methods.
- Develop knowledge and clinical skills required for performing the role of competent and effective teacher, administrator, researcher and mentor.
- Assist clinicians to acquire competency in communication and behavioural skills.
- Update knowledge using modern information and research methodology tools.
Head and Coordinator:
Dr Pragna Rao, Dean, KMC, Manipal and Professor of Biochemistry
Dr. Krishnananda Prabhu, Professor & Head, Department of Biochemistry
Dr. Kirtana Raghurama Nayak, Professor& Head, Department of Physiology
Dr. Leslie Lewis, Professor, Department of Paediatrics
Dr. Veena Nayak, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology
Dr. Ravindra Maradi, Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry
Dr. Kirthinath Ballala, Associate Professor Department of Community Medicine.
Dr. Arvind Kumar Pandey, Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy.
Dr. Ajay Bhandarkar, Associate Professor, Department of ENT
Dr. Prakash P Y, Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology
Dr. Vikram Palimar, Professor, Department of Forensic Medicine
Dr. Samir Kumar Praharaj, Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Dr. Varashree B S, Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry
Dr. A. Krishna Rao, Emeritus Professor, Department of Physiology, Former Dean, KMC, Manipal
Dr. K. Ramnarayan, Chairperson –Manipal University Jaipur, Vice President Faculty Development, Former Vice Chancellor, MAHE
Mr. Venkataramana G
Dr Pragna Rao,
Head, Department of Medical Education
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Phone (0820) 2922449