Dr Amrut Rao K
Department of Anaesthesiology
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides anaesthesia to specialties of General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, ENT, Paediatric surgery, Plastic Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Oro-maxillo-facial Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology, Ophthalmology, MRI/ CT Room, Family planning OT, MECT, Gastro-endoscopy room, Radiology angiography room, Cardiology angiography room and chair side dental anaesthesia and also provides Pain Clinic Services.
- Guides postgraduate students on theses and dissertation.
Dr Amrut Rao K teaches anaesthesia to anaesthesia diploma technicians, respiratory therapists and is a BLS/ACLS trainer.
He is involved in intensive care in multidisciplinary ICU.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Anaesthesiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2012|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2007|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor|
|KMC, Manipal||Senior Resident||05/2012 till date|
|Department of Anatomy||Tutor||2008 to 2009|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Ultrasound guided nerve blocks , Intensive care , Difficult airway
Area of Expertise
Provide anaesthesia to specialties , Pain clinic services , Code blue (Basic life support and advanced cardiopulmonary-cerebral resuscitation , Intensive care in multidisciplinary ICU
Area of Research
Anaesthesiology , Post- operative pain , Clinical anaesthesiology , Bio-Ethics , Intensive care , Clinical monitoring
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Indian Society of Anaesthesiology, 2012.
- Member of All India Difficult Airway Association (AIDIAA), 2013.
- Member of Operation Smile, 2013.