CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involved in clinical trials.
- Member of Board of Studies and Blood Transfusion Committee.
Dr Dipak Ranjan Nayak teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
He is :
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery||MBBS||6th and 7th semester|
|Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery||MS|
|Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery||DLO|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Fellow of Indian academy of Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery||Otorhinolaryngology||2007|
|Fellow of International Union Against Cancer, UICC||Otorhinolaryngology||1998|
|Fellow of International College of Surgeons||Otorhinolaryngology||Chicago||1997|
|MS||Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery||SCB Medical College, Cuttack||1988|
|MBBS||SCB Medical College, Cuttack||1983|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||2011 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head||2003 to 2011|
|KMC, Manipal||Additional Professor||2001 to 2003|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||1995 to 2001|
|KMC, Manipal||Reader||1993 to 1995|
|KMC, Manipal||Lecturer||1990 to 1991|
|KMC, Manipal||Registrar||1989 to 1990|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery , Otology , Cochlear Implantation , Head and Neck Oncosurgery , Laryngology
Area of Expertise
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery , Cochlear Implantation , Head and Neck Oncosurgery
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of the Indian Medical Association.
- Member of the Association of Otolaryngologist of India.
- Member of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Karnataka branch.
- Member of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Manipal branch.
- Member of Association of UICC fellows, Geneva.
- Gold medal for best video presentation at the Indian journal of otology workshop on Laser assisted Stapedotomy, at New Delhi Sep 2008
- Outstanding Paper award for the paper “Endoscopic lateralization for bilateral vocal cord paralysis”, at the annual meet of the International College of Surgeons,Indian Chapter, held at Mysore, 1999.
• Co-editor in " Manual of Temporal Bone Dissection and TEP" and contributed to the chapter "Skull Base Surgery".
• Co-editor in " Manual on Endoscopic Sinus Surgery" and contributed to the chapter" Techniques of FESS" and all Illustrations.
• Text Book on “Clinical and Operative method in Otorhinolaryngology and Head - Neck Surgery – A systematic Approach”
• Text Book of Ear, Nose, Throat & Head & Neck Surgery (Theory, clinical & practical).
• Text Book of Ear, Nose, Throat & Head & Neck Surgery (Theory, clinical & practical). 2nd edition
• Clinical and Operative Methods in ENT and Head & Neck Surgery – A systematic approach (2nd edition)
Click here for details.
Allergic fungal sinusitis
2007-01-01 Dr Archana Pillai
Comparative analysis between KTP 532 laser stapedectomy and conventional stapedectomy in the treatment of otosclerosis
2007-01-01 Dr Sajilal M
Management of laryngotracheal stenosis using KTP 532 laser
2008-01-01 Dr Abhishek Sharma
Carcinoma of larynx- Management and survival pattern
2008-01-01 Dr A Dechu Muddaiah
Aetiopathogenesis and clinical behaviour of post cricoid malignancy
2009-01-01 Amit Kumar
Role of traditional and limited endoscopic sinus surgery in allergy associated nasal polyposis
2009-01-01 Dr Benazim Aziz
Psycho oncological evaluation of patients with larynx and laryngopharyngeal cancers
2009-01-01 Dr Seshayana Reddy
Quality of life in head and neck cancer using eortc questionnaire
2010-01-01 Dr Shalini S
Role of endoscopic DCR in chronic dacryocystitis with special reference to following failed external DCR
2011-01-01 Dr Suni MA
Sensori neural hearing loss in chronic suppurative otitis media,
2011-01-01 Dr Anjali George
tubo-tympanic disease- A retrospective study 2011.
A Retrospective evaluation to assess disease control rate and survival status in oral cavity cancer with surgery as primary modality
2011-01-01 Dr Udayabhanu H N
Clinico-pathological analysis and Role of Endoscopic sinus surgery in allergic fungal rhino sinusitis
2012-01-01 Dr Nadia Fasal
Influence of uncinate process on mucociliary clearance- A comparative study
2013-01-01 Dr Shruti Venkitachalam
Effect of nasal packing on hearing and middle ear pressure oxygen saturation after septoplasty and FESS
2014-01-01 Dr. Aishwarya Anand
Comparison microbiological flora in the external auditory canal of normal ear andan ear with acute otitis externa, their sensitivity to antibiotics and the response to treatment in patients attending OPD at Kasturba Hospital Manipal
2015-01-01 Dr Asheesh Dora.