Dr Chethan Kumar M
Dr Chethan Kumar M is an avid radiologist and researcher involved in clinical diagnosis on day- to - day basis apart from his keen interest in diagnostic interventional procedures. He is an active inter-disciplinary researcher involved with various clinical and engineering departments. His main field of interest is artificial intelligence, diagnostic algorithms and aims to develop programs that aid in better ultrasound diagnoses.
Department of Radio Diagnosis
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Radio-diagnosis)
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Trains students of Radio-diagnosis & Imaging and interns during their radiology postings
· Motivates department faculty for research on subjects of common relevance and interest.
· Administers outreach programs and their logistics.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Radio-diagnosis & Imaging||MD|
|Radio-diagnosis & Imaging||MBBS||3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th semester|
|Radiation Physics||BE (Biomedical Engineering)||5th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Radio-diagnosis & Imaging||JJM Medical college, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences||2018|
|MBBS||JSS Medical college, JSS University||2014|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2020 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Senior Resident||2019 to 2020|
|Bapuji Hospital, JJM Medical College||Junior Resident||2015 to 2018|
· Ongoing research on “Anthropometric study of radiography of wrist”
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Non-vascular interventional radiology , Musculoskeletal imaging and interventions, Cardiovascular imaging
Area of Expertise
• Obstetric imaging, Image guided abdominal, thoracic, and musculoskeletal interventions
Area of Research
• Anthropometric studies. • Breast imaging
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Permanent member of Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA).
- Member of Radiological society of North America. (RSNA)