CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr P Santosh Prabhu teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- He is involved in training of MCh students in Paediatric Surgery.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Paediatric Surgery||MBBS||6th and 8th semester|
|Paediatric surgery||MS General Surgery|
|Paediatric Surgery||MCh Paediatric Surgery|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|DNB||Paediatric Surgery||Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital, Chennai||2005|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor in Paediatric Surgery||07/2010 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor in Paediatric Surgery||02/2007 to 06/2010|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health, Bangalore||Senior Resident||05/2005 to 01/2007|
Perioperative respiratory care and outcomes for patients undergoing high risk abdominal surgery. A 2 X 2 factorial, international pragmatic randomised trial across low and middle-income countries
- Name of the project : Perioperative respiratory care and outcomes for patients undergoing high risk abdominal surgery. A 2 X 2 factorial, international pragmatic randomised trial across low and middle-income countries
- Investigators : Dr Vijay Kumar, Dr P Santosh Prabhu, Dr Sundeep P T, Dr Krishna H M, Dr Stanley Mathew, Dr Muralidhar V Pai
- Funding agencies: National institutes of health research (NIHR), UK. The University of Birmingham.
- Brief overview: International multi-centre, pragmatic, outcome assessor-blinded 2 x 2 factorial randomized controlled trial to assess 1. Whether 0.2% chlorhexidine mouthwash before surgery versus no mouthwash can reduce the incidence of postoperative pneumonia at 30 days after surgery. 2. Whether 80-100% fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2) versus 21-35% FiO2 during surgery can reduce the incidence of surgical site infection at 30 days after surgery
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Neonatal surgery, Thoracic & abdominal surgery and Paediatric Urology
Area of Expertise
Neonatal surgery, Minimally invasive surgery, Paediatric surgical oncology & urology
Area of Research
Neonatal surgery and Sepsis, Paediatric Urology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons, 2003.
- Life Member of Karnataka State Chapter - Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons, 2006.
- Life Member of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry State Chapter - Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons, 2003.
- Member of Indian Association of Paediatrics, Udupi chapter
Rectal prolapse of intussusception- A single institution’s experience
2006-05-1 Ramachandran P Vincent P Prabhu S Sridharan S
European Journal of Paediatric Surgery doi: 10.1055/s-2006-924732.
Role of laboratory markers in predicting severity of acute appendicitis
2019-02-28 Samarth Virmani P Santosh Prabhu Sundeep P T Vijay Kumar
African journal of Paediatric Surgery doi: 10.4103/ajps.AJPS_47_16
Testicular Loss in Children Due to Incorrect Early Diagnosis of Torsion
2020-02-05 Vijay Kumar Pallavi Matai P Santosh Prabhu Sundeep P T
Clinical Pediatrics doi.org/10.1177/0009922820903037
Early renal surveillance: A necessity in a child with tuberous sclerosis complex
2015-01-29 John S K Nalla R Kumar V P Santosh Prabhu Thotan Sundeep P Kharga B
South African journal of child health doi: 10.7196/SAJCH.828
Misdiagnosed Roberts Uterus Leading to Surgical Misadventures
Journal of Pediatric Adolescent Gynecology doi: 10.1016/j.jpag.2017.01.005.