CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides guidance to all the faculty members in teaching and research.
- Supervises non-teaching staff.
- Maintains department records.
- Procures equipment and reagents.
- Allots lectures and teaching schedules, and conducts examinations for all courses.
- Prepares and preserves cadaveric specimens.
- Presents papers at regional, national and international conferences.
- Publishes research articles in reputed journals.
- Monitors daily activities.
- Conducts video demonstration for MBBS students
Dr Sneha Guruprasad Kalthur is Professor and Head of the department.
She also attends medical education related workshops in India and abroad.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Anatomy||MBBS||1st and 2nd semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Anatomy||Government Medical College, Miraj, Maharashtra||2003|
|MBBS||Dr D.Y Patil Medical College||2000|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC,Manipal||Professor||Mar 2020 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head||01/03/2015 to Feb 2020|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||22/02/2009 to 28/02/2015|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||04/04/2005 to 21/02/2009|
|GMC, Miraj||Lecturer||17/02/2004 to 31/03/2005|
|GMC, Miraj||Tutor||01/01/2001 to 31/12/2003|
Bench to bedside translational research potential benefits of interdisciplinary collaboration
Sternal index act as a marker for sex determination in humans
Establishing osteoblastic cells from human bone marrow aspirates and studying the expression of certain molecular markers in these cell lines.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Clinical Anatomy, Embryology, Neuroanatomy, Microscopic Anatomy
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Embryology, Microscopic Anatomy
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Board of Studies in Anatomy for MBBS (Manipal University).
- Member of Curriculum Development Core Committee, KMC Manipal.
- Member of Anti-ragging Committee, KMC Manipal.
- Life Member of Anatomical Society of India.
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association.
- Being a certified BLS provider, training of undergraduate students in basic life support
- University Examiner for Undergraduates and Postgraduates in Anatomy, Manipal University.
- Worked as External Examiner in Anatomy for Undergraduate of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Served as internal valuator of MD dissertations.
- Approved and recognized as PhD guide by Manipal University.
- Resource person – IQE and USMLE - 2006
Click here for details.
Study of cephalic index, prosopic index in medical students of Manipal University
2010-01-01 Dr Vaishali Shetti (PG)
Study was done on medical students of Indian and Malaysians.
Diaphyseal nutrient foramina in dry adult human long bones: Anatomic study
2012-01-01 Dr Vijayalakshmi (PG)
Nutrient foramina was looked into long bones of upper limb and lower limb.
Evaluation of renal vascular anatomy and prevalence of vascular variants using MDCT
2013-01-01 Dr Anuja Sinha (PG)
Vascular anatomy of renal vessels was studied using MDCT.