CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Professor Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge, MCODS, Manipal.
Faculty of Center for Dental Implant Solutions and Education
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Prosthodontics||First-Fourth BDS and postgraduates|
|Prosthodontics||PG Diploma in Dental Materials|
|Dental Implantology||Certificate course in Oral Implantology|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Certificate course in Intellectual Property Rights||Intellectual Property Rights||Technology Transfer office , Directorate of Research, MAHE||2016|
|Certificate course in Bioethics||Bioethics||MAHE and Clinical Development Center(CDSA)||2016|
|Fellow of International Congress of Oral Implantologist||Oral Implantology||ICOI, USA||2012|
|Certificate in Laser Dentistry||Laser Dentistry||Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||2010|
|Certificate in Maxillofacial Prosthesis||Maxillofacial Prosthetics||Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||2009|
|Post Graduate Certificate in Oral Advanced Implantology||Implant Dentistry||Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||2007|
|MDS||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||S D M, DHARWAD||2002|
|BDS||Manipal college of Dental Sciences, Manipal||1998|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Prosthodontics, MCODS Manipal||Professor and Head||2015|
|Faculty of Dentistry, MMMC, Melaka, Malaysia||Professor and Head||2011-2013|
|Department of Prosthodontics, MCODS Manipal||Professor||2011|
|Department of Prosthodontics, MCODS Manipal||Associate Professor||2007- 2011|
|Department of Prosthodontics, MCODS Manipal||Reader||2005- 2007|
|Department of Prosthodontics, MCODS Manipal||Assistant Professor||2002 - 2005|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Partial and Complete implant supported
Area of Expertise
Removable and fixed Prosthodontics and Oral Implantology
Area of Research
Dental Implants and Oral Implantology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Dental Association, 2002.
- Life Member of Indian Prosthodontic Society, 2003.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Prosthodontics and Restorative Periodontics, 2007.
- Member of International Congress of Oral Implantologist, 2012.
- Associate Member of Malaysian Dental Association, 2002.
Three-dimensional orientation of iris in an ocular prosthesis using a customized scale
2013-01-01 Lokendra Gupta I N Aparna Nayana Prabhu Nirjalla Malla
Scopus id : 55751974600
1. Kulashekar N Reddy, Veena Hegde, IN Aparna, B Dhanasekar. Incorporating modified ovate pontic design for anterior tooth replacement: A report of two cases, Journal of Indian Prosthodontic Society 2009; 9 (2); 100-10
2. Mall N, Dhanasekar B, Aparna IN. Validation of implant stability: A measure of implant permanence. Indian Journal of Dental Research 2011;22:462-7.
3. Jain DC, Hegde V, Aparna IN, Dhanasekar B. Overdenture with accesspost system: A clinical report. Indian Journal of Dental Research 2011;22:359-61
4. Aparna IN, Dhanasekar B, D Lingeshwar, Lokendra gupta, Implant crest module: A review of biomechanical consideration, Indian Journal of Dental Research 2012;23(2):257-263
5. Manawar Ahamed, B.Dhanasekar, I.N.Aparna, Hina Naim., Replacement of missing anterior tooth using screw retained implant prosthesisin esthetic zne-A case report with 3 years follow up., Journal of Indian prosthodontic society, Oct 2012
6. Manawar Ahamed, B.Dhanasekar, I.N.Aparna, Hina Naim., Factors influencing success of cement versus screw-retained implant restorations: a clinical review, Journal of Osseointegration 2012, 3(4): 43-47
7. Lokendra Gupta, B.Dhanasekar, I.N.Aparna, Fabrication of a Surgical Splint in an Emergency situation: A clinical report, Journal of Prosthodontcis (2012) by the American College of Prosthodontics, 1-3 (July 2012)
8. Manawar Ahmad, B Dhanasekar, I N Aparna, Hina Naim , An innovative technique to restore velopharyngeal incompetency for a patient with cleft lip and palate, British Medical Journal Case Rep 2013. 10.1136
9. Recreating an esthetically and functionally acceptable dention- A Multidisciplinary approach , Mukesh Goyal, Shelly Goyal , Veena Hegde, Dhanasekar, Aparna I N , Int JPeriodontics Restorative Dent 2013;33(4):527-532
10. Evolution of surgical guidance in implant dentistry, Manav Kalra, Aparna IN, Dhanasekar B , Dent update 2013;40:577-582
11. Manawar Ahmad, MDS B. Dhanasekar, MDS I.N. Aparna, MDS , Hina Naim, MDS Spring-loaded custom tray: an alternative technique for recording impressions in a patient with a restricted mouth opening, March/April 2014 General Dentistry
12. Ahmad M1, Dhanasekar B1, Aparna IN1, Naim H2. Replacement of missing anterior tooth using screw retained implant prosthesis in the esthetic zone: a case report with 3 years of follow up. J Indian Prosthodont Soc. 2014 Sep;14(3):297-300
13. Gupta L, Aparna IN, Dhanasekar B, Khanna G, Lingeshwar D, Agarwal P. Functional and Aesthetic Rehabilitation of a Geriatric Patient With Cleft Palate: A Case Report. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2014 Jun 11.
16. Manawar Ahmad, Dhanasekar Balakrishnan, Aparna Ichangod Narayan, A comparative evaluation of linear dimensional accuracy of the dies obtained using three conceptually different die systems in the fabrication of implant prosthesis: An in vitro study
17. Varun Yarramaneni, IN Aparna, Akanksha Sachdeva, Dhanasekar Balakrishnan, Nayana Prabhu, Emerging anti bacterial coated dental implants: a preventive measure for peri- implantitis, World Journal of Dentistry 2016;7(4):195-98.
18. Sangeeta J Nair, Aparna IN, S Pradeep, Nayana Prabhu, Dhanasekar B, Technique Tips – A Simplified Technique of Fabricating Foldable Mandibular Complete Denture using a Custom-made Hinge Assembly, World Journal of Dentistry, October-December 2016;7(4):195-198
19. Lokendra Gupta, IN Aparna, B Dhanasekar, Sujatha Bhat, Kishore Ginjupalli, Priyanka Agarwal., Evaluation of antifungal activity of Methacrylic acid incorporated in conventional heat activated resins. World Journal of Dentistry March-April 2017;8(2):129-33.
20. Comparison of the effect of different surface treatments on the bond strength of different cements with nickel chromium metal alloy: An in vitro study, Kapoor, S., Prabhu, N. Balakrishnan, D.
21. Dutta T, GV Thomas, IN Aparna, Balakrishnan Dhanasekar, An in vitro comparative study to evaluate the marginal fit of castings using ring and ring less casting techniques with varying sprue diameter. World Journal of Dentistry 2017, 8(2):109-113.
22. Gupta Sonam, Narayan Aparna Ichalangod, Balakrishnan Dhanasekar. In Vitro Comparative Evaluation of Different Types of Impression Trays and Impression Materials on the Accuracy of Open Tray Implant Impressions: A Pilot Study. International Journal of Dentistry, Volume 2017
23. Sushma Yadav, Aparna Ichangod Narayan, Archit Choudhry, Dhanasekar Balakrishnan, CAD/CAM-Assisted Auricular Prosthesis Fabrication for a Quick, Precise, and More Retentive Outcome:A Clinical Report. Journal of Prosthodontics 00 (2017) 1–6 C,2017.
24. GayathriKrishnamoorthy,AparnaI.Narayana,DhanasekarBalkrishanan,Mastication as a tool to prevent cognitive dysfunctions. Japanese Dental Science Review (2018), Japanese Dental Science Review, (2018)54,169-173
25. KarthikSivaramana,AditiChopra, Aparna I.Narayana, DhanasekarBalakrishnana: Is zirconia a viable alternative to titanium for oral implant? A critical review, journal of prosthodontic research 62(2018)121–133
26. Akanksha Sachdeva, Nayana Prabhu, Dhanasekar B, Aparna IN, Effect of Conventional and Microwave Glazing on Surface Roughness of Metal Ceramics: An Atomic Force Microscopy Analysis, Indian Journal of Dental Research | Volume 29 | Issue 3 | May-June 2018
27. Sangeeta J. Nair, I. N. Aparna, B. Dhanasekar1, Nayana Prabhu, Prosthetic Rehabilitation of Hemimandibulectomy Defect with Removable Partial Denture Prosthesis Using an Attachment-Retained Guiding Flange, Contemporary Clinical Dentistry | Volume 9 | Issue 1 | January - March 2018
28. Sonam Gupta, Aparna Ichalangod Narayan, Ashita Vijay and Dhanasekar Balakrishnan, Soft Tissue Profile around Dental Implants Placed in the Aesthetic Zone − A Biological Update, Dent Update 2018; 45: 247–25
29. Hegde Puneeth, Dhanasekar B, Shenoy Satish, Aparna I.N, Gupta Lokendra, Rodrigues Shobha J, Shetty Thilak, Comparison of Stress Patterns in the Edentulous Mandibular Bone around Four Implant Retained Over Denture and All-On-Four Concept – A Three Dimensional Finite Element Analysis, Indian journal of public health research and development.
30. Hegde Puneeth, Dhanasekar B, Shenoy Satish, Aparna I.N , Three Dimensional Finite Element Stress Analysis of Two and Four Implant Supported Prosthesis, Materials today proceeding.
31. Ashita Vijay , Nayana Prabhu , Dhanasekar Balakrishnan , Aparna I Narayan, Comparative Study of the Flexural Strength of High Impact Denture Base Resins Reinforced by Silver Nanoparticles and E-Glass Fibres: An In-Vitro Study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2018, Nov, Vol-12(11): ZC22-ZC26.
32. Krishnamoorthy G, Narayana AI, Peralam PY, Balkrishanan D. To study the effect of Cocos nucifera oil when incorporated into tissue conditioner on its tensile strength and antifungal activity: An in vitro study. J Indian Prosthodont Soc 2019;19:225-32.
33. Chopra A, Sivaraman K, Narayan AI, Balakrishnan D. Etiology and classification of food impaction around implants and implant-retained prosthesis. Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research, 2019; 21 (2): 391-397.
34. Khushboo Singh, Pradeep S, Dhanasekar Balkrishanan, Aparna I Narayana The Effect of Enzymatic Denture Cleanser on the Physical Properties of Different Types of Denture Base Resin Materials Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, September 2019, Vol. 10, No. 9: 271-277
35. Sequeira, A.L., Narayan, A.I., George, V.T. Effects of nonaldehyde immersion disinfection on the mechanical properties of flexible denture materials. J Prosthet Dent. 2019 May; 121(5):843-847
36. Khushboo Singh, Nayana Prabhu, Dhanasekar Balkrishanan, Aparna I Narayana, S Pradeep, Prosthetic lip with the retentive attachment for a unilateral cleft lip patient: A clinical report, Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, 2019 10 (3 ) 577-581
37. . Manu Gupta, Vinu T George, Dhanasekar Balakrishnan, A comparative evaluation of tear strength and tensile strength of autoclavable and nonautoclavable vinylpolysiloxane impression material: An in vitro study, Journal of International Oral Health, Volume 12 (2 )March-April 2020
Chapter in textbook
Chapter- Dentist care for Covid-19 patients, Covid 19 , A Multidimensional Approach
Manipal University Press
Ceramics in Dentistry- For Sikkim- Manipal Distance Education Program
Maintenance of Ceramic Lab Equipments- For Sikkim Manipal Distance Education Program
Journal of Prosthodontics
Evolution of surgical guidance in implant dentistry
2013-01-01 Manav Kalra Aparna IN
Recreating an aesthetically and functionally acceptable dention- A Multidisciplinary approach
2013-01-01 Mukesh Goyal Shelly Goyal Veena Hegde Aparna I N
An innovative technique to restore velopharyngeal incompetency for a patient with cleft lip and palate
2013-01-01 Manawar Ahmad I N Aparna Hina Naim
British Medical Journal Case Rep
Fabrication of a Surgical Splint in an Emergency situation: A clinical report
2012-01-01 Lokendra Gupta I N Aparna
American College of Prosthodontics
An Evidence based restoration of esthetically challenged Maxillary Anterior arch wth Andrews Brisdge system- A Case report
2016-15-06 Dhanasekar Balakrishnan Manawar Ahmed
Treatment of Dental Flourosis with Porcelain Veneers for esthetically compromised maxillary anteriors
2016-25-08 Dhanasekar Balakrishnan Manawar Ahmed
International Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Inventions,2016:3(5)1876-81
Emerging anti bacterial coated dental implants: a preventive measure for peri- implantitis
World Journal of Dentistry 2016;7(4):195-98.
1. Inner canthal distance and its geometric progression as a predictor of maxillary central incisor width and to determine its width to height ratio in a selected Indian population 2. Critical evaluation of the Condylar guidance values obtained using the protrusive records using commonly used Arcon and Non-Arcon type of Articulators 3. Comparative assessment of Dimensional accuracy of the dies obtained using Three different Die systems used in the fabrication of Implant prosthesis 4. 4.Comparative analysis of the efficacy of tree commonly used denture cleansing products on the dentures contaminated with the known microbial flore-An Invitro study 5. Comparison of Stress patterns in edentulous mandibular bone around two implant retained, four implant retained over denture and All-on-Four concept 6. An in vitro study to evaluate the dimensional accuracy of autoclavable and non-autoclavable polyvinylsiloxane impression materials subjected to disinfection and steam autoclave sterilization procedures 7. Evaluation of the effect of surface treatment on bond strength of soft denture lining materials to an acrylic resin denture base- An In Vitro Study 8. Comparative Evaluation of influence of different tooth taper on retention of metal crowns using two resin cements- An In Vitro Study 9. Valuation of the Effect of surface treatment on bond strength of soft denture lining materials to an acrylic resin denture base- An In Vitro Study 10. Effect of setting under positive pressure on the number of surface pores and surface irregularities of three commercially available phosphate bonded investment material.- An In-Vitro Study 11. Evaluation of Anti-Candida activity and physical Properties of the Tissue Conditioner when incoporated with carum carvi and cinnamomum camphora - an in vitro study 12. Comparsion of stress patten in edentulous mandibular bone with three different titanium bar designs in the All-on -4 concept -A three dimensional finite element analysis