CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- is the Managing editor of Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences (MJNHS), MCON Manipal.
- is the subject coordinator of Pharmacology, Pathology and Genetics
- Sets question papers for sessional and university exams
- Evaluates answer sheets and assignments
- Conducts lectures for the students
- Provides clinical teaching to the students
- Supervises the students in the clinical area
- Involves in departmental research activities
- Conducts independent research projects
- is the research supervisor for postgraduate, M.Phil. and PhD students
Dr. Ramesh C is lecturer in the Department of Medical Surgical Nursing and involves himself in various departmental activities and tasks of Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Medical-Surgical Nursing - I||MSN 605.1A||First Year MSc Nursing|
|Medical Surgical Nursing II||BSN 301||Third Year BSc Nursing|
|Pharmacology & Pathology||BSN 204||Second Year BSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Cardiovascular Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2017|
|Master of Science||Medical Surgical Nursing||Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai||2008|
|Bachelor of Science||Nursing||Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai||2005|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Lecturer||January 2018 – till date|
|Dr D Y Patil College of Nursing, Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth (Deemed University), Pune||Associate Professor||June 2017 - December 2017|
|Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Junior Research Fellow & PhD Scholar||October 2013 – May 2017|
|College of Nursing, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru||Assistant Professor||June 2011 - September 2013|
|College of Nursing, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru||Lecturer||May 2008 - May 2011|
|Sri Ramachandra Hospital, Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai||Staff Nurse||June 2005 – June 2006|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Medical Surgical Nursing, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Nursing, Nursing Research, Evidence Based Practice, Evidence Based Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, Operation Theatre Nursing, Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension
Area of Expertise
Medical Surgical Nursing, Cardiovascular Nursing, Operation Theatre Nursing, Nursing Research, Randomized Controlled Trial, Systematic Reviews and Meta-analysis
Area of Research
Cardiovascular Nursing, Systematic Reviews and Meta-analysis, Health and Nursing Informatics, Cardiovascular Diseases, Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, from 2014 – till date
Life Member of TNAI - Trained Nurses Association of India, 2005
Life Member of NRSI - Nursing Research society of India, 2015
- Distinguished Alumni Award 2018 during the Founder’s day and University day celebration on 19.09.2018 held at Sri Ramachandra Unversity, Porur, Chennai -118.
- Best oral paper award for research work titled “Effectiveness of reflexology on anxiety of patients undergoing cardiovascular interventional procedures: A systematic review and meta‐analysis of randomized controlled trials” during the International Conference organized by Krupanidhi College of Nursing, Krupanidhi Group of Institutions, Bengaluru on 10.12.2018.
- Best oral paper award for research work titled “Effectiveness of comprehensive nursing intervention programme on anxiety, fatigue, self-efficacy and quality of life among patients undergoing CABG surgery - A randomized controlled trial” during the International Conference organized by Institute of Nursing Sciences, KLE University, Belagavi, Karnataka on 24.11.2018.
- Best Oral Paper Award during the International Conference on Global Challenges in Health Care held at Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal in February 2018.
- Publication and Research Award in recognition of contribution to student research at Manipal Academy of Higher Education and for publishing research work in Scopus/Web of Science indexed journal during the year 2017.
- Dr TMA Pai Fellowship for pursuing full-time PhD in Faculty of Nursing at Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal, Manipal Academy of Higher Education in October 2013.
The effectiveness of reflexology on anxiety of patients undergoing cardiovascular interventional procedures: A systematic review and Meta -analysis of randomized controlled trials.
2019-01-01 Eilean Lazarus Rathinasamy C. Suresh Jyothi Ramesh
Journal of Advanced Nursing. 75 (2019) 43 - 53. https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.13822.
Adherence to dietary and fluid restrictions among patients undergoing hemodialysis: An observational study.
2019-01-01 Harish Beerappa
Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health 7 (2019) 127–130. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cegh.2018.05.003.
Community-based educational intervention on necklace method as a natural family planning amongst reproductive age group women in India.
2018-09-01 Jyothi Ramesh
International Journal of Nursing Sciences. Volume 5, Page 515-529.
Effect of preoperative education on postoperative outcomes in patients undergoing cardiac surgery: A systematic review and meta-analysis
2017-01-12 Baby S Nayak Vasudev Baburaya Pai Nitin Patil Anice George Linu Sara George Elsa Sanatombi Devi
Journal of PeriAnaesthesia Nursing. Volume 32, Issue 6, Page 515-529.
Effect of complementary therapies in patients following cardiac surgery: Narrative review
2017-01-09 Baby S Nayak Vasudev Baburaya Pai Nitin Patil Anice George Linu Sara George Elsa Sanatombi Devi
Holistic Nursing Practice. Volume 31, Issue -5, Page: 315-324.
Pre-operative anxiety in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery: A cross-sectional study
International Journal of Africa Nursing Sciences. Volume 7, Page: 31-36.
Effectiveness of educational intervention on the knowledge about acquired immunodeficiency syndrome among school students.
2017-01-04 Harish Beerappa
HIV & AIDS Review. Volume 16, Issue 2, Page: 96-99.
Effectiveness of massage therapy on post-operative outcomes among patients undergoing cardiac surgery: A systematic review
2015-01-08 Baby S Nayak Vasudev Baburaya Pai Nitin Patil Anice George Linu Sara George Elsa Sanatombi Devi
International Journal of Nursing Sciences. Volume 2, Issue 3, 304-312
Complementary therapies for patients undergoing cardiac surgery: an evidence based literature review.
2015-01-07 Baby S Nayak Vasudev Baburaya Pai Nitin Patil Anice George Linu Sara George Elsa Sanatombi Devi
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences, Volume 1, Issue 2, Page: 112-117.
Impact of massage therapy on post-operative outcomes after cardiac surgery: Narrative review
2015-01-04 Baby S Nayak Vasudev Baburaya Pai Nitin Patil Anice George Linu Sara George Elsa Sanatombi Devi
Asian Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Volume 03, Issue 07, Page: 1-4
Effectiveness of psycho-education on care givers burden among caregivers of patients with schizophrenia
2013-01-12 Sunanda G T Eilean Victoria L
International Journal of Nursing Care. Volume 1, Issue 2, Page: 129-133.
Effectiveness of cardiotocography training programme on knowledge and skill among nurses working in maternity units.
2013-01-12 Sowmya M N Gayathri Priya Jyothi Ramesh
Nitte University Journal of Health Science. Volume 3, Issue 4, Page: 87-92.
Menopausal transition among northern Indian women
2013-01-06 Vijayalakshmi S Eilean Victoria L
Nitte University Journal of Health Science. Volume 3, Issue 2, Page: 73-79.