C Mallikarjuna Rao
M Pharm, PhD
Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Official Phone:+91-820-2922482 Ext 100
27 years of teaching at Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Areas of Interest in teaching
- Pharmacology of Autonomic Nervous System
- Pharmacology of Central Nervous System
Top 5 research publications/ Projects
- Kumar N, Mudgal J, Parihar VK, Nayak PG, Kutty NG, Rao CM. sesamol treatment reduces plasma cholesterol and triacylglycerol levels in mouse models of acute and chronic hyperlipidemia. Lipids, 2013, 48(6), 633-638.
- Theerthahalli AS, Shenoy RR, Nayak PG, Mudgal J, Kumar N, Rao CM, Kutty NG. High carbohydrate diet with 30% sucrose solution: an optimized rodent model for simulating human insulin resistance. Pharmacologia, 2013, 4(3), 157-163.
- Aranjani JM, Manuel A, Rao CM, Udupa N, Rao JV, Joy AM, Gandhi P, Radhakrishnan EK. Preliminary evaluation of in vitro cytotoxicity and in vivo antitumor activity of Xanthium strumarium in transplantable tumors in mice. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, 2013, 41(1), 145-162
- Kondamudi PK, Kovelamudi H, Mathew G, Nayak PG, Rao CM, Shenoy RR. Modulatory effects of sesamol in dinitrochlorobenzene-induced inflammatory bowel disorder in albino rats. Pharmacological Reports, 2013, 65(5), 658-665.
- Rao CM, Sudheendra AT, Nayak PG, Paul P, Kutty NG, Shenoy RR. Effect of dehydrozingerone, a half analogue of curcumin on dexamethasone-delayed wound healing in albino rats. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 2011, 355, 249-256.