CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Aswathi R Hegde is Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutics at Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences. She is the teacher coordinator for DPharm-Part I.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Pharmaceutics-I (Theory)||PCE-BP103T||BPharm Sem-I|
|Pharmaceutics-I (Practical)||PCE-BP109T||BPharm Sem-I|
|Pharmaceutics-I (Theory)||Pharmaceutics-I||DPharm-Part I|
|Pharmaceutics-I (Practical)||Pharmaceutics-I||DPharm-Part I|
|Pharmaceutics Lab||PCE 1.2L||First Year PharmD|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD (pursuing)||Pharmaceutics||Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Pursuing|
|MPharm||Pharmaceutics||Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2014|
|BPharm||Pharmacy||Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore||2011|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Pharmacy Australia Centre for Excellence (PACE), The University of Queensland (UQ), Brisbane, Australia||Occupational trainee||Sep – Dec 2014|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Junior Research Fellow||2015-2016|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Senior Research Fellow||2016-2017|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Assistant Professor||August 2017 to till date|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Pharmaceutics, novel drug delivery systems, formulation development
Area of Research
Nanotechnology, transdermal drug delivery, targeted drug delivery
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Registered pharmacist of the Karnataka State Pharmacy Council
- Member of the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI)
- First prize for poster entitled “Effect of iontophoresis on the skin permeation of dendrimeric conjugates of ketoprofen” at the ALPHACON-2017 National Conference on "Pioneering Pharmaceutical Research and Development to meet Global Challenges" held at Bangalore during 9 - 11 February, 2017.
- First prize for poster entitled “Development and evaluation of dendrimeric prodrugs of ketoprofen: effect of passive diffusion, sonophoresis and iontophoresis” at the ICMR Sponsored National Seminar on Advanced Pharmaceutical Technologies and Dosage Forms: Where does India stand in the current global context? held at MCOPS, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal during 18-19 March, 2016.
- M/s MEDREICH Ltd, Bangalore Award (2013-2014) for the best M.Pharm Part-II Project work (Dissertation work), instituted by Mr. B Srinivasa Reddy, M/s Medreich Ltd, Bangalore awarded on February 14, 2015.
- Second prize for National Level Power-point Competition on the topic Recent Advances in Tableting Technology organised by the Pharmacist’s Organization for Women Empowerment and Research (POWER) on March 8th, 2013.
- Adjudged the “Best Student for Outstanding Performance” during the year 2010-2011 by the Alumni Association of Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2012 – qualified with 559 rank (Scholarship received for postgraduate education). State 1st rank in Karnataka PGCET 2012 for admission to M. Pharm.
Liposome encapsulated soy lecithin and cholesterol can efficiently replace chicken egg yolk in human semen cryopreservation medium
Syst Biol Reprod Med. 60(3):183-8. 2014.
Multidrug resistant pathogenic bacterial biofilm inhibition by Lactobacillus plantarum exopolysaccharide
Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre. 8(1):7–14. 2016.
Nano-transfersomal formulations for transdermal delivery of asenapine maleate: in vitro and in vivo performance evaluations
Shreya A.B. Managuli R.S. Menon J. Kondapalli L. Hegde A.R. Avadhani K. Shetty P.K. Amirthalingam, M. Kalthur, G. Mutalik S.
J Liposome Res. 26(3):221-32. 2016.
Influence of peptide dendrimers and sonophoresis on the transdermal delivery of ketoprofen.
Int J Pharm. 521(1-2):110-119. 2017.
Peptide dendrimer-conjugates of ketoprofen: Synthesis and ex vivo and in vivo evaluations of passive diffusion, sonophoresis and iontophoresis for skin delivery
Eur J Pharm Sci. 102:237-249. 2017.