Dr Manohara Pai M M
Associate Director (Research and Consultancy)
Information & Communication Technology
- No of years of teaching experience: 17 years
- No of years of industrial/research experience: 17 years
Membership recognised professional organisations:
Additional responsibility held in the department / institution /university:
- Assoicate Director(Innovation Center), Member of BOS,
- Programme Coordinator for MTech Software Engg.,
- Course Co-ordinator, Class Advisor, Member of Disciplinary Committee.
Areas of interest in teaching
Computer Networks, Mobile Computing, Scalable Video Coding, Robot Motion Planning
Top research publications / projects
- Vijay S Rajpurohit and Manohara Pai M. M.”Using Self Organizing Networks for Moving Object Trajectory Prediction” International Journal on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, volume 9, Issue 1, pp 27-34,2009.
- Vijay S Rajpurohit, Manohara Pai M,M”Parallel Object Motion Prediction in a Robotic Navigational Environment” Accepted in International Conference on Parallel Computing Technologies(PACT-2009),Aug 31-Sept 04,2009 ,Novosibirsk, Russia, to be published in LNCS Springer.
- Karunakar A K and Manohara Pai M M, "Motion Prediction and Motion Vector Cost reduction during Fast Block Motion Estimation in MCTF", International Journal of Computer Systems Science and Engineering, ISSN: 2070-3945 pp. 181-186, Vol. 4, No. 3, Summer 2008.
- Karunakar A K and Manohara Pai M M, "Inter-Frame and Inter-Layer Motion Prediction during Fast Block Motion Estimation in MCTF", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, pp 150-154, Vol. 5188, Sept. 2008, ISSN: 0302-9743 (print), 1611-3349 (online).
- Karunakar A K and Manohara Pai M M, "Computationally Efficient MCTF for MC-EZBC Scalable Video Coding Framework", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, pp 666-673, Vol. 4815, Nov. 2007, ISSN: 0302-9743 (print) 1611-3349 (online).
- Vijay S Rajpurohit,Manohara Pai M,M. ”An Optimized Fuzzy Based Short Term Object Motion Prediction for Real-life Robot Navigation Environment” in Visual-08,Salerno, Italy (2008). LNCS Springer,Volume 5188/2008, pp.114-125.
- P. Nagabhushan and Manohara Pai M.M. “Cognition of Free space for Planning the shortest Path”: A Framed Space Approach. The Journal of Pattern Recognition Letters, Elsevier Science, Netherlands, Vol 22, issue 9, July 2001, 971-982.
No of conference presentations:
- International : 18
- National : 13
No of PG & PhD theses guided:
Sponsored research projects executed:
- AICTE Funded “3D Motion planning”
- Konkan Railway “Simulation for Signalling panel operations"
- BSNL Funded "Remote Control of Power Systems”
- Philips(India) “Tele Medicine and Infrastructure”.
No of patents held: