The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) was established in the year 1985. Over the years, the department has developed to become a center of excellence, providing in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation and research. The department has tie-ups with various industries and offers courses in collaboration with them. The department has a strong research interest in diverse areas of Computer Science and offers a Ph.D. Program. The focus areas of research are AI& Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing Systems, Computer Networks & Security, Knowledge Engineering, and Software Engineering.
Department Vision and Mission:
“Excellence in Computer Science & Engineering education through continuous learning, research and teamwork.”
To impart excellent Computer Science & Engineering education for professional roles in a changing and challenging technological world, to advance knowledge through quality research in important emerging areas in the discipline, and to build a strong relationship with industry, academia, and society.
Department Areas of Expertise
- AI and Machine Learning: The department has the expertise and infrastructural support for deep learning, development of ML-based applications as a part of the AI & ML specialization.
- High-Performance Computing System: The department is well-equipped with high-end computing devices for large-scale data-driven tasks. The research group focuses on the development of parallel algorithms for medical applications/vision applications, big-data, cloud-based applications, etc.
- Computer Networks & Security: The department is specialized in the core areas of Computer Network & Security which include intrusion detection, cyber security, cryptography, and other related areas.
- Knowledge Engineering: The knowledge-engineering group in the department focus on problems related to knowledge representation, knowledge retrieval, and other relevant areas.
- Software Engineering: The department has expertise in prototype development and application development. Also, the group carries out research in software process improvement, information management, engineering medical applications, etc.
The department has tie-ups with EMC2 Corporation, Infosys, Microsoft, and TCS.
The department provides dedicated lab facilities for running lab-associated courses to undergraduate/postgraduate/research programs in the following areas of computer science.
- Network Technology Lab: Network Programming, Network Security, Web Mining, and Network Protocol Design
- Computer Graphics Lab: Computer Vision, Video Processing, Gesture Recognition, and Human-Computer Interaction
- Language Processor Lab: Speech Processing, Building Ontology, Natural Language Processing, and Machine Translation
- Operating System Lab: System Programming, Virtualizations, Distributed Operating System, and Kernel Programming & Operating System Customization
- Project Lab: Project Management, Budgeting and documentation, Project Quality Management, and Version Control Systems
- Software Engineering Lab: Software Oriented Architecture, Object-Oriented Software Design with UML, Software Risk Management and Software Maintenance
- Database Lab: Information Retrieval, BigData Analysis, Pattern Recognition, and Machine Learning
- Programming Lab: Prototype Development, Web Programming, General Purpose Programming, and Deep Learning
- PG Lab: Health Care Systems, High-Performance Computing, Cybersecurity, and Shared Memory Computing
- Digital System Design Lab: Digital Circuit Design, Circuit Simulation, Internet of Things and Device Interfacing
- Research Lab: Medico-Vision, Virtual Reality, Agri-Vision, and Financial Analytics
The department is well supported by the institute placement team. The placement team is headed by Associate Director (Industrial Liaison, Placement & Practice School) and oversees the entire placement process in the institution with the help of department coordinators. Students are provided with opportunities for Internships, Placements, Pre-placement offers (PPO) in core companies and ITES. Some of the major recruiters with a CTC of 10+ Lakhs for the department are Citrix R&D, Cloudera, Cohesity, DBOI Global Services, Goldman Sachs, Komprise India, Microsoft PPO, SAP Labs, VM Ware, Western Digital, etc. There are 90+ companies providing internship/placement/preplacement offers to our students.