CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and conducts OSPE for MBBS phase I stage I (MBBS batch), BDS and refresher batch and practical, PBL, and SDL sessions for first year MBBS and BDS courses.
- Is involved in question paper setting and answer sheet evaluation.
- Is Internal Examiner for first year MBBS university examination.
- Is involved in exam coordination, invigilation and in periodic departmental meetings for review of curriculum.
- Guides second year MBBS students in research projects.
- Mentors students to understand biochemistry by providing its conceptual knowledge in a simpler format by using the different teaching learning materials.
Abhishek Chaturvedi teaches Biochemistry for first year students of MBBS, BDS and Allied Health.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Biochemistry||Phase I Stage I MBBS course||Year 1 MBBS|
|Biochemistry||Phase I Stage I BDS course||Year 1 BDS|
|Biochemistry||Allied Health Sciences course||Year 1 - Semester 2|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|FAIMER FELLOWSHIP (2015-2017)||Interprofessional Education and Practice (IPE/IPP)||Manipal-FAIMER– International Institute for Leadership in Interprofessional Education (M-FIILIPE)||2017|
|MSc (Master of Science)||Medical Biochemistry||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2011|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Senior Grade Lecturer||April 2018 - present|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Lecturer||April 2012 to April 2018|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Substance abuse, addiction and preventive action, Proteomics, Complementary and alternative medicine and health, T-L methods, Interprofessional education
Area of Expertise
Oxidative Stress and Antioxidants, teaching-learning methods
Area of Research
Alcohol addiction, Neuropsychiatric Disorders (Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia & senile dementia), Medical Education
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Joint Coordinator - Volunteer Services Organization (VSO) - MAHE
Life member - Association of Clinical Biochemist of India
Life member- The Society of Biological Chemists
Member of IndIPEN - Indian Interprofessional Education Network
|Ernst and Young||Associate (Global compliance and reporting)|