CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinator for Attendance Condonation Committe for Phase I Stage II.
- Facilitate SDL and PBL sessions for undergraduates.
- Set question paper, conduct examinations and evaluation of the answer papers for the undergraduate courses- MBBS, BDS, Allied Health Science and BSc Health Science.
- Mentoring undergraduate students.
Amita Shobha Rao teaches MBBS, BDS, Allied Health Sciences, BSc Health Science.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Allied Health BSc||Microbiology||Second year|
|Allied Health MSc||Microbiology||Second year|
|BSc Health Science||Microbiology||Semester four|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Microbial biofilms and their relevance to catheter induced infections||MAHE, Manipal||2004|
|MSc (Master of Science)||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1985|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Microbiology - MMMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||2013 to till date|
|KMC-International Center -AUA (Manipal Campus)||Selection Grade Lecturer||2007 to 2013|
|Department of Microbiology - MMMC, Manipal||Senior Grade Lecturer||||2004 to 2007|
|Department of Microbiology - KMC- Mangalore||Senior Grade Lecturer||1992 - 2004|
Invitro evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of Methanolic and Aqueous extract of Mucuna pruriens seed. 2018
In vitro evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of Some 2'-Hydroxy Chalcones
Antibacterial and Antifungal effects of sesamol.
To evaluate the test compounds for antibacterial & antifungal activity “Synthesis of some aryl and hetero-aryl substituted - Benzopyrones of biological interest, and study their role in the design of Pro-drugs of certain Chemotherapeutic agents”
To evaluate antibacterial activity of medicinal plants
To evaluate antibacterial & antifungal activity of medicinal plants - “Formulation & Standardization of herbal cosmetic creams with antiseptic property”
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Teaching Microbiology and research.
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Microbial biofilms, Antimicrobial susceptibility
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists
- Life Member of Karnataka chapter of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists
- Life Member of Association of Microbiologists of India
- Life Member of Association of Gastroenterologists of India.
|AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences. Rajeev Gandhi University||Lecturer||1988 - 1992|