CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinator for STUDENT BROCHURE.
- ICC co-ordinator
- Department SOAHS co-ordinator
- Co-ordinator for conducting Digital practicals and objective structured practical examinations (OSPE)
- Co-ordinator for designing case histories, conducting and assessing students in Problem Based learning (PBL) sessions.
- Co-ordinator for conducting small group activities as a part of self-directed learning activity among students.
- Faculty for setting question papers for OSPE, block examinations and university examinations as per blueprint
- SOAHS coordinator for the department
- Internal examiner for MBBS, BDS and Aliied Health courses
- External Examiner for PhD thesis for Indian Universities
- Guide for undergraduate student scientific projects at MMMC, Manipal
- Block coordinator for MBBS, BDS and Refresher courses
- Laboratory Signatory for verification of Biochemistry Stat Lab results on assigned days at Dr TMA Pai Hospital, Udupi
- Reviewer and member of Editorial board in various National and International scientific journals
Chandrika D Nayak teaches Biochemistry to year I MBBS, year I BDS and year I Allied Health Science courses.
She also seves as :
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Biochemistry||Year 1 MBBS (Semesters 1 and 2)|
|Biochemistry||Year 1 BDS (Semesters 1 and 2)|
|Biochemistry||Year 1 (Semester 2) and Year 2 (semester 4)|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2005|
|MSc (Master of Science)||Medical Biochemistry||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1994|
|BSc (Bachelor of Science)||Botany, Zoology, Chemistry||Mangalore University||1993|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Professor||Since April 2013|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Professor & Head||May 2014- May 2017|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||April 2009-March 2010|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||October 2005-April 2009|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Senior Grade Lecturer||September 2003-October 2005|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Lecturer||September 1997-September 2003|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Innovations in teaching and evaluations
Area of Expertise
Teaching and Evaluation for undergraduate MBBS, BDS & Allied Health courses, Involved in diagnostics, Research: Evaluation of oxidative damage and antioxidant status using erythrocyte markers. Has presented papers both oral and poster at various national and international conferences. Has participated as Debate manager, chairperson and judge at various national conferences and seminars and workshops
Area of Research
Head injury, Oxidative damage and antioxidant status, medical education
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Fellow of the Academy of General Education.
- Life Member of the Association of Cinical Biochemists of India.
- Member of the American Association of Clinical Chemistry trainee council
- PhD Guideship status Manipal University in 2012.
- Member of the PhD doctoral committee at MAHE for 3 PhD projects
- Delivered LIVE satellite telecast (VSAT) lectures in Biochemistry in Sep 2007 for Sikkim Manipal University teaching programme.
- Has served as a judge for science model competition at schools
- Has been a part of the team to conduct scientific workshops for school teachers in and around Udupi
- Recorded lectures for DTH- Swayamprabha NPTEL lectures to be delivered online as per MHRD, Government of India instructions.
- External Refree for Board of Studies of Biochemistry Department at Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore