Ganesh Kamath Mulki
Assistant Professor- Selection Grade
Department of Physiology, Melaka Manipal Medical College (Manipal campus) & Faculty at MAHE- FAIMER institute (Manipal)
Department of Physiology
Qualification: BSc. (Microbiology), MSc. (Medical Physiology), PhD
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitaties SDL and PBL sessions.
- Conducts didactic lectures
- Planning and scheduling classes
- Mentoring students
- Guide for Mentored-Student Project (MSP) at MMMC
- Coordinates new students’ arrival/ admissions and hostels at Manipal campus.
- Faculty at the MAHE-FAIMER institute, MAHE
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MSc. (Master of Science)||Medical Physiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2002|
|PhD||Pancreatology||Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)||2016|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Physiology - MMMC, Manipal||Lecturer||6 years|
|Department of Physiology - MMMC, Manipal||Senior Grade Lecturer||5 years|
|Department of Physiology - MMMC, Manipal||Selection Grade Lecture||1 year|
|Department of Physiology - MMMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor-Selection Grade||4 years|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Cardiovascular and Gastro-intestinal physiology, Medical education
Area of Expertise
Physiology (cardiovascular physiology), Pancreatitis research and Medical education
Area of Research
Pancreatitis (acute, recurrent acute and chronic pancreatitis), Medical Education
- ES Prakash, Madanmohan, Sunil K Narayan, Uday Prasanth, Kamath MG, Kaviraja Udupa, KR Sethuraman,S Srinivasan and R Anil kumar. Tilt table testing in the diagnostic evaluation of presyncope and syncope: A case series report. Indian J Physio Pharmacol. 2004;48 (2):213-218.
- Abraham RR, Vinod P, Kamath MG, Asha K, Ramnarayan K. Learning approaches of undergraduate medical students to physiology in a non-PBL- and partially PBL-oriented curriculum. Adv Physiol Educ. 2008; 32: 35–37.
- Kamath MG, Prakash J, Dash S, Chowdhury S, Ahmed ZB, Yusof MZ. "Is there an Association Between Self-Reported Sleep Duration, Body Mass Index and Waist-Hip Ratio in Young Adults? A Cross-Sectional Pilot Study". J Clin Diagn Res. 2014;8(9):BC05-7.
- Kamath MG, Prakash J, Tripathy A, Concessao P. Taste Pathway: What Do We Teach? J Clin Diagn Res. 2015;9 (1):CL01.
- Kamath MG, Pai CG, Kamath A, Kurien A. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, transforming growth factor beta-1, nerve growth factor, resistin and hyaluronic acid as serum markers: comparison between recurrent acute and chronic pancreatitis. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2016 Apr;15(2):209-15.
- Kamath MG, Vinod P, Ramnarayan K, Asha K, Torke S, Gonsalves J. Standard setting of objective structured practical examination by modified Angoff method - A pilot study. Natl Med J India. 2016; 29(3): 160-162.
- Kamath MG, Pai CG, Kamath A. Progression of recurrent acute and chronic pancreatitis: A short-term follow up study from a southern Indian centre. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016;35(6):425-431.
- Kamath MG, Pai CG, Kamath A, Kurien A. Comparing acid steatocrit and faecal elastase estimations for use in M-ANNHEIM staging for pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2017; 23(12): 2217-2222.
- Pai CG, Kamath MG, Shetty MV, Kurien A. Continuing episodes of pain in recurrent acute pancreatitis: Prospective follow up on a standardised protocol with drugs and pancreatic endotherapy. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23(19):3538-3545.
- Abraham RR, Torke S, Gonsalves J, Narayanan SN, Kamath MG, Prakash J, Rai KS. Modified directed self-learning sessions in physiology with prereading assignments and Pecha Kucha talks: perceptions of students. Adv Physiol Educ. 2018;42(1):26-31.
- Abraham RR, Kamath MG, Vashe A Wong Hong Jun, Muhammad Faiq Afif Bin Mohd Tahrim, Muhammad Faiz Bin Kasmuri. Factors influencing academic success of high achievers and low achievers in physiology: Students' perception on pre-reported factors. J Clin Diagn Res. 2018; 12(7): JC11 - JC15.
•Diabetes Mellitus: A retrospective overview of types, complications, diagnosis and treatment (year 2008).
•Assessment of Vulnerability to Stress Among Medical Students And Teaching Faculty (year 2008).
•Does cigarette smoking influence the rate pressure product in young adults? (year 2010).
•Effect of exercise on rate pressure product in young adult males (year 2010).
•How useful is social media to learn about medical facts? (year 2013).
•Effect of Short Sleep Duration on BMI and Waist-Hip ratio in Malaysian Students (year 2013).
•Isometric hand grip exercise training on blood pressure in young adults (year 2015).
•Visual reaction time in healthy young adults playing sports compared to those with sedentary lifestyle (year 2015).
•Understanding the Educational Environment of Preclinical Medical Students using the DREEM Questionnaire (year 2019).
•Perception of Medical Students about soft skills (year 2019).