The Quality and Compliance department is working with the following objectives:
- Implementation of quality management system in a phased manner in all the institutions of the university based on the goals and objectives of each financial year. The system comprises implementation of relevant standards, accreditations and practicing business excellence models and also to develop integrated quality model that covers all relevant standards
- Taking necessary steps towards sensitization, training and maintain the quality auditors’ pool for the university and its constituent units and to arrange cross quality audits at various constituent institutes and associate hospitals
- Creating an atmosphere to nurture quality as culture
- Facilitating the sharing of best practices across institutions of excellence at national and global levels and to get an insight into the working of the institutions
- Understanding our strengths and weaknesses, the quality department from time to time, processes and compiles applications for national and international awards and accreditations by various statutory and other prestigious bodies
- Assisting the constituent units to comply with requirements of Statutory / Regulatory / Govt. bodies
- Organizing Academic audits at constituent units.
- Assisting the constituent units in starting new programs and renewal of existing programs
- Assisting University in preparing applications for starting new units /departments / programs
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education aims to strengthen its unique value system through:
- Providing value based higher education and healthcare services at par with International Standards;
- Promoting Research and collaborations;
- Meeting the societal objectives;
- Enhancing the proficiency of its students, staff and faculty to achieve global competency through training and development;
- Demonstrating continual quality improvement in all its academic, healthcare services and co-curricular activities through upgrading the delivery system, and sharing the best practices;
- Exceeding the expectations of the beneficiaries, stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
Awards & Rankings
- Ranked No. 17 in India and No. 200 in Asia by QS University Ranking ASIA 2016.
- Ranked No. 101-110 in BRICS nations by QS University Ranking BRICS 2016.
- Ranked No. 32 in All India University Ranking survey conducted by National Institutional Ranking Frame work (NIRF), MHRD, Govt. of India and No. 6 among Private Universities.
- Ranked No. 1 among Top Private Universities in India and rated AAAA+ grade under Top Private Multi-disciplinary University by Careers360 University Ranking 2016.
- Ranked 2nd by Careers360 University Ranking 2016 ,among top 30 Best Universities under private ownership
- 9th ASSOCHAM HIGHER EDUCATION SUMMIT & NATIONAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS - 2016 - Won Best University promoting Research
- Top Private University in India by Education world Ranking Survey May 2016
- Ranked No. 1 among Non-Government (Private & Deemed) Multidisciplinary Universities in India by The WEEK – Hansa Research Best Universities Survey 2016.
- Ranked no. 20 among all the Multidisciplinary Universities in India by The WEEK – Hansa Research Best Universities Survey 2016.
- Ranked no. 10 among all the Multidisciplinary Universities in South Zone by The WEEK – Hansa Research Best Universities Survey 2016.
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2007 under Education sector as per Malcolm Baldrige Business Excellence model.
- International Asia Pacific Quality Award 2008 – Best in class (Second highest award) under Education sector.
- “Export excellence Gold medal” – Best Services export award for 3 consecutive years from 2006-07 by Federation of Karnataka Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FKCCI), Bangalore.
- Rajiv Gandhi Environment Award 2004-05 by Govt. of Karnataka.
- Periodic Internal & external quality system audits
- Periodic Management Review meeting to discuss the outcome of the quality audits and to review and monitor the corrective and preventive actions taken to meet the objectives and for continual improvement.
MAHE is accredited with the highest grade i.e “A” and with a CGPA of 3.3. According to NAAC, only Institutions which get a minimum CGPA of 3.01 on a 4 point maximum scale are given ‘A’ and declares such an institution with a High level of academic accomplishment as Very Good.
Dr Sandeep Shenoy
Dr Christopher Sudhaker
Dr Shrikala Baliga
Deputy Director, Quality & Compliance (Mangalore Campus)
Derrick Ian Joshua
Assistant Director - Environment Sustainability
*WE ARE CLOSED ON EVERY THIRD SATURDAY AND SUNDAYS OF A MONTH