- Make sure you have a checklist of things-to-do.
- OIAC coordinator will be in touch with the students all through the program.
- Hostel details and contact information at Manipal will be provided well in advance to the student coming down to Manipal.
- Airport transfers are arranged on request. Manipal is 90-minute drive by road from Mangalore airport. Students can take a cab and drive down on their own or request for transfer as stated earlier.
Before you leave your country
Check your bag before departure to find the following important things -
- Valid Visa
- 10 passport size photographs
- Letter of Invitation from host university
- Health Insurance from home university (if applicable)
- Medicines with appropriate prescriptions
- Mobile phone
- White coat* – if you are a medical elective student
- Non-marking shoes* – If you wish to subscribe for MARENA membership
* Students can bring their own white coat and non-marking shoes as applicable. You may as well buy them at any local store here. Please contact our office for further details.
After arrival at Manipal
Once in Manipal, your first destination is the University hostel. Generally, the incoming students are placed at the New International Hostel. OIAC is just five minutes ahead to the hostel. Please report to us on arrival. For directions, please refer campus map.
Students should bring with them their original passport and 8 passport size photographs. After the application formalities at the office, students are taken to their respective departments of internships and will be in contact with their mentor/s thereafter.
Before you leave Manipal
Students are requested to visit OIAC a day before their departure for formalities as below -
- Return your Access Cards (if issued on Day 1).
- Confirm airport drop request, if needed. If leaving on a Monday, your request should reach us latest by Saturday before 3 pm.
- Feedback form to fill : Review your elective experience at MU.
- Collect Registration Certificate/Residential Permit from FRO office– if registered for FRO. This document needs to be produced at the Immigration Office at the airport.