Staff of MAHE institutions
Admission procedure for staff of MAHE institutions :
- Full time faculty members of Institutions/teaching departments of MAHE and meeting eligibility criteria specified in MAHE PhD guidelines may apply for part-time PhD admission in a prescribed application form with relevant documents and declaration from guide and co-guide (if any) with recommendation from HOD/HOI. The duly filled candidate’s application form to be forwarded by the Institutions/teaching departments of MAHE to CDS.
- Candidates are admitted in July and January sessions.
- The Doctoral Advisory Committee (DAC) for the candidate shall be constituted at the Institution/teaching department of MAHE after the admission.
- The candidate is required to submit PhD protocol to CDS for university presentation within 6 months of admission.
- The minimum duration of PhD course for such candidates is 4 years 6 months from the date of admission. If the faculty resigns and leaves the institution before the submission of thesis, then the admission gets cancelled.
- Extension beyond the minimum period will be based on the recommendation of the DAC and this requires approval from CDS.
- The maximum duration of PhD program is 7 years. The admission stands cancelled after the completion of maximum duration.
- Candidate is eligible for leaves as per prevailing leave policy for MAHE staff.
- If the candidate avails additional leaves with DAC permission, the duration of PhD will be extended by leave period availed.