M.I.T Manipal celebrated “Silver union meet” of 1986 class on 18th December 2011 at A/C seminar hall, Academic block 2, MIT Manipal. About 150 alumni and their family participated in the function. The program started with invocation from Dr Prathima, MIT Library.
Dr G.K.Prabhu, Registrar, MU inaugurated the meet and informed the university programs and projects for involving alumni in the development programs. He explained with examples various projects, alumni may contribute for the overall development of an Institution.
Dr Kumkum Garg, Director, MIT Manipal highlighted the achievement of MIT over the years and asked alumni to join their hands for further strengthening quality of education imparted at MIT.
Dr K.Jagannath, Associate Director, Alumni affairs, MIT gave a report of alumni cell activities and programs and requested alumni to register in the university website to receive all information from MIT Manipal. Four alumni of 1986 class are awarded with Distinguished alumnus award on the occasion.They are
1. Mr Aji Isaac Koikkarah, Dolphin Energy limited, Doha, Qatar
2. Col. K.V.Prasad, Army Officer Indian Army
3. Mr Ashok Krishnamurthi, Founder and Chairman, Xsigo systems, USA and
4. Mr Rajesh Menon, Manager, Jacobs Engineering India Pvt Ltd, Mumbai
Two teaching faculty and 5 non-teaching staff were felicitated during the function. They are
1. Dr N.Y.Sharma, Professor, Dept of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
2. Dr K.S.Aithal, Professor, Dept of Physics
1. Mr Balakrishna Patil, Sr Clerk, E&E
2. Mr Cyril Monterio, Sr Clerk, Maintainance
3. Mr Anand Mathad, Photographer, MU
4. Mr Vijaya B, Security guard
5. Mr Rama H, Sr GDW
Dr Praveen Shetty, Dept of humanities and social sciences proposed the vote of thanks and Mr Augustine Barboza was the Master of ceremony.
Ms Twisha K.Prasad, daughter of Mr K.V.Prasad, 1986 batch alumni was honored for her outstanding achievent in Kayaking sport at her tender age of 14. Even though 15 is the minimum age to compete in International Kayaking competitions, she is all set to create new milestones in Indian kayaking history.