The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research (CIMR) was started in December 2015 under the Directorate of Research, Manipal Academy of Higher Education. The primary aim of this center is to nurture research in the field of Integrative medicine and grow into a hub of excellence within Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
Integrative Medicine is not synonymous with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). Integrative Medicine addresses the challenge of medical pluralism existing in the society today. It is a system of health care in which conventional medical options along with CAM therapies are understood and recommended interdependently, according to the needs of the patient.
- To nurture and promote research activities in the utilization of modern medicine together with Ayurveda and Siddha medical systems with Yoga.
- The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research is committed to contributing to the growing body of scientific research in the field of integrative health.
- Our focus is on evaluating integrative treatments that address multiple, whole-person aspects of wellness—biological, psychological, social and spiritual.
- The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research is a facility providing integrative solutions encompassing traditional medical systems and modern medicine to address health concerns.
- To facilitate research collaborations, good quality research programmes with national and international grants, research publications.
- To provide expertise and training to physicians (including modern medicine practitioners and AYUSH practitioners), researchers and PhD candidates.
Current areas of Research
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Male Infertility
- Liver disease
International Yoga Day at MAHE on June 21, 2017 - A Report
Coordinator: Dr.Vishaal Bhat,
MD (Pharmacology) Associate Professor, MMMC, Manipal
1. Dr Krishna Jayacharya MD (Ayurveda), Dept of Ayurveda, KMC, Manipal; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Dr Arul Amuthan MD (Siddha) MSc. (Pharmacology), Dept of Pharmacology, MMMC, Manipal; Email: email@example.com
3. Dr Annapoorna MSc. Yoga therapy, BAMS, Dept of Yoga, KMC Manipal; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Dr Saleemulla Khan PhD, MPharm, Dept of Pharmacognosy, MCOPS, Manipal; Email: email@example.com
Accreditations and Affiliations
CIMR has collaborations with
- Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS), Ministry of AYUSH.
- Atreya Education Systems Pvt Ltd, Bengaluru.
- Centre for Training to Teachers (TTT) program for AYUSH faculty through Central Council for Indian Medicine (CCIM).
Ongoing Research Activity
- Hepatoprotective role of traditional Siddha herbal medicine in patients with alcohol induced liver disease and post viral hepatitis. Dr. Mukhayaprana Prabhu, KMC, Manipal, Dr. Arul Amuthan, CIMR, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Mr. Abhishek Chaturvedi, MMMC, Manipal.
3rd Floor, University Building,
Manipal Academy of Higher Education,
Dr Vishaal Bhat