Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research (CIMR)
The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research (CIMR) was started in December 2015 under the Directorate of Research, Manipal Academy of Higher Education. The primary aim of this center is to nurture research in the field of Integrative medicine and grow into a hub of excellence within Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
Integrative Medicine is not synonymous with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). Integrative Medicine addresses the challenge of medical pluralism existing in the society today. It is a system of health care in which conventional medical options along with CAM therapies are understood and recommended interdependently, according to the needs of the patient.
- To nurture and promote research activities in the utilization of modern medicine together with Ayurveda and Siddha medical systems with Yoga.
- The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research is committed to contributing to the growing body of scientific research in the field of integrative health.
- Our focus is on evaluating integrative treatments that address multiple, whole-person aspects of wellness—biological, psychological, social and spiritual.
- The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research is a facility providing integrative solutions encompassing traditional medical systems and modern medicine to address health concerns.
- To facilitate research collaborations, good quality research programmes with national and international grants, research publications.
- To provide expertise and training to physicians (including modern medicine practitioners and AYUSH practitioners), researchers and PhD candidates.
Current areas of Research
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Male Infertility
- Liver disease